what is it?

KKAAY

How fast is it moving? A cucumber would move relatively slow, but if it's moving pretty good -- well, it has the same coloring of my arch-nemesis, the polyclad flatworm...and that sucker will eat all of your snails.

How fast is it moving? A cucumber would move relatively slow, but if it's moving pretty good -- well, it has the same coloring of my arch-nemesis, the polyclad flatworm...and that sucker will eat all of your snails.

It doesn't move fast or slow

I think I'm just gonna get rid of it

How new is your live rock? This is why I'm so hesitant to go with live rock...

My polyclad flatworm, who I'll call Phil, ate all my snails for a year. I thought my snails were dying from a ph imbalance... Then one night, I see it, I see the flatworm who grew about 4 inches on about 30 snails.... I couldn't net him, so I ended up taking the whole rock out that it was living in. I scraped him out, put the rock back in, and then, to my horror, saw mini-Phil fragments moving around. After much cursing, I sucked all the mini-Phil fragments out and threw the home rock away.

Snails survive these days...

It looks like a cucumber. Help us help you guess. Give us some more history. Patrick

what kind of history Patrick?

not sure what you mean. they were a lil less than an inch long..."were" lol

one was on my glass and the other scootin along on the sand

How new is your live rock? This is why I'm so hesitant to go with live rock...

My polyclad flatworm, who I'll call Phil, ate all my snails for a year. I thought my snails were dying from a ph imbalance... Then one night, I see it, I see the flatworm who grew about 4 inches on about 30 snails.... I couldn't net him, so I ended up taking the whole rock out that it was living in. I scraped him out, put the rock back in, and then, to my horror, saw mini-Phil fragments moving around. After much cursing, I sucked all the mini-Phil fragments out and threw the home rock away.

Snails survive these days...

its not so new, i dont think anyway. ive had it 7 months

I meant age of tank and age of rock with hitchhikers.

In another forum, I described a scenario in a tank set up for 12 years, in which spores of red grapes and dragons breath lay dormant for five years after going sexual.

When the rock was moved to a different tank, it grew dragons breath and red grapes. It works both ways. Sometimes it s good. Sometimes, not so much. I think the cucumbers are a bioindicator of good conditions in your tank. I would expect to see mini feather dusters and the like.

Patrick

I meant age of tank and age of rock with hitchhikers.

In another forum, I described a scenario in a tank set up for 12 years, in which spores of red grapes and dragons breath lay dormant for five years after going sexual.

When the rock was moved to a different tank, it grew dragons breath and red grapes. It works both ways. Sometimes it s good. Sometimes, not so much. I think the cucumbers are a bioindicator of good conditions in your tank. I would expect to see mini feather dusters and the like.

Patrick

i just moved over to a 75 in july. the original was a 30g that was set up at the beginning of march. so i moved all rock from the 30 to 75 with a few pieces of dead rock

i have not seen any featherdusters "yet"

i could not find pics of a cucumber that looked like this

thanks for the input

kristy

Archived