Wavebox - Will it work in a 5' 100G?

I purchased a used Tunze Wavebox (6215, I think) over the weekend. I am debating on which tank to put it in. I have a 100 gallon seahorse tank (60x18x22) that I would love to use the wavebox in (need help getting detritus out of the rocks), but some of the reading I have done so far suggests that may not be a good idea. Something about the tank being long and that it creates higher waves, which will end up sloshing out... The other tank I have is a 150 cube (36x36x36). Would this tank be the better candidate for the wavebox? Is there any way I could make this work for my 100 gallon?

I don't have one personally, but seems to me that to generate a wave that will be noticeable across a longer tank would take higher/taller waves which would be more likely to slosh out of a long tank than one that is shorter.

I'm a proponent of just sticking it in the tank and trying it out :)

I have a nano wavebox for my 125-gal 6ft long tank and it makes a nice 1-1.5" wave in my tank with no dangers of overflow over the side.

I don't know about the full size wavebox but I am a big proponent of just trying it out and seeing. Just have some towels ready. :-)

I had a nano tunze in my bio cube 29 (square) and just couldn't get it right. But it's tiny and above the wave box was used on 6' tank. So I assumed it was because it was square and not long. But as the two proponents above said "try it". A third proponent has appeared!

I purchased a used Tunze Wavebox (6215, I think) over the weekend. I am debating on which tank to put it in. I have a 100 gallon seahorse tank (60x18x22) that I would love to use the wavebox in (need help getting detritus out of the rocks), but some of the reading I have done so far suggests that may not be a good idea. Something about the tank being long and that it creates higher waves, which will end up sloshing out... The other tank I have is a 150 cube (36x36x36). Would this tank be the better candidate for the wavebox? Is there any way I could make this work for my 100 gallon?

ha. you were the person trying to buy the wavebox at AT this weekend yeah? Check out KimP's thread, rock, cross flow, and the analog controllers generally will hinder any standing waves. But you'll still get the rush of water back and forth that should help loosen the detritus and other stuff on the rock. Thats the same wavemaker they had in their old 6 foot FW tank, and their display reef tank. They still supplemented with an mp40 though.