150g Indio-Pacific Biome

Sascha D.

Yeah I lost quite a few before I figured out what was wrong and how to fix it. It turned out to be the skimmer pump impeller by the way. I took it a part twice before it was "fixed".

I just left the skeletons of the corals I lost in the tank. I need to remove them soon. I guess I was hoping they would come back. One or two might still, but the others have already taken on the stony appearance.

Purple Meridana

Half of my Paletti Turquoise

Bali Green Acro

Green Slimer

Purple Acro w/ green tips

Rainbow Nasuta

Oregon Tort

30,000 Leagues

ORA Blue Stag

Oddly enough the Cali Tort, both Stylophora, ORA Green Pocillipora, Birdsnest and all the Montipora were unaffected. The Ultimate Stag got covered in Zoas so I have to dig it out and the Tri Color Undata just about doubled in size.

As I am clearing out some SPS to make room for others, I can't ever convince myself to get rid of the screaming green birdsnest. It's the one beginner SPS that is making a good case for itself to stay.

Sent via Tapatalk

BTW dude your tank looks super sick! One day you'll have to share the secret of keeping all of the corals separate. My zoas are taking over!

Thanks bud! Zoa islands are a good approach. I've also already told all my SPS to honor the no touch rule. Don't touch your neigbors! If you do, I'll break your limbs off and sell them! That usually keeps them in line.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haha! Harsh but effective! I probably shouldn't have let some zoas on the main columns. The rest are on islands already. I will have to bust out the tweezers and see if I can frag them out.

One problem I have with my rock structures is that plating montipora are shading my lower corals. It's a constant battle of fraggings, breaking and plucking!

I have a few hundred sponges in my tank. I had expected them to get eaten but they have been growing in numbers. Some are possibly not sponges at all, but I've filed them away in the same category. I don't find them particularly attractive, but the colors are vivid in most. I'll snap some pics later.

OMFG I am so livid right now! Tonight was one accident after another. First I had to frag my chalice because it was touching the glass and broke it in half. Then my prized birds nest fell over, so I picked it back up. It was too top heavy and kept falling. I took it out to epoxy it and it fell and shattered all over my living room!

If anyone reads this, stay inside, watch a movie and get drunk. Don't leave the house!

post-2552-141550240193_thumb.jpg

post-2552-141550241644_thumb.jpg

post-2552-141550243537_thumb.jpg

post-2552-141550244413_thumb.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The glue on the chalice plug came loose and wasn't attached to the rocks when I tried to break it. That's why it looks crazy. I have 3 pieces that are 4" inches and 5 or 6 smaller frags on plugs.

I managed to save a good chunk of the green and made 10 or so frags from the rest. I'll probably hold them a week or two just to make sure they're good to go.

Week 71:

It was a rough summer, but I survived. Oh yeah and the tank survived as well! Alk appears to be holding at a good level and the temp has stayed at 75 degrees despite the cold weather. I'm still really disappointed in the birdsnest, but all of the frags are growing and I was able to save a golf ball sized chunk to regrow. It also turns out that I was able to save a cut of Blue Acropora and Purple/Green Acropora!

Updated Coral List:

Leathers:

Devil's Hand

Polyps:

Blow Pop Zoa

Blue Ricordea

Dragon Fly Zoa

Eye of Rah Zoa

Fire and Ice Zoa

Florida Green Ricordea

Florida Tri-Color Ricordea

Green Starburst

Lemon Head Zoa

Mystery Green Zoa

Out of This World Zoa

Red Head Kid Paly

Watermellon Zoa

Whammin' Watermellon Zoa

Yellow Polyps

LPS:

Acan Enchinata

Christmas Favia

Frogspawn

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

Kryptonite Trumpet

Lavender Acan Lord

Marble Hammer

Merry Christmas Acan Lord

Mystery Chalice Blue / Orange

Mystery Chalice Green / Blue

Mystery Favia Green / Red

Pink Rainbow Acan Lord

Purple / Green Acan Lord

Red Acan Lord

Red and Green Favite aka War Coral

Solid Red Acan Lord

Teal Favite aka Brain Coral

SPS

Blue Acropora (Frag)

Cali Tort

Confusa Montipora

Forest Fire Digi

Green Digi

Jedi Mind Trick Montipora

Blue / Green Acropora (Frag)

ORA Pocillopora Daminicornis

ORA Screamin' Green Bridsnest

ORA Ultimate Stag

Oregon Tort

Paletti Turquoise Lovelli

Purple Digi

Purple Stylophora

Rainbow Stylophora

Red Setosa

Tri-Color Undata

• Like 1

Yeah I'm going to start cleaning the tank aquascape up a bit. Most would say it looks clean already but I like things to look like they were done on purpose and not just thrown in there. My PBT keep breaking some of the more delicate corals, so I'm going to exchange them for thicker SPS. That means I'm going to move my stylo's down and to the center of the tank where they can grow tall, and replace them with acros towards the top. The Eye of Rah are growing pretty much out of control and I need to frag them up. I'm going to post some of my duplicates for sale and narrow the coral list down to what I really like.

I should probably get a PAR meter before any of that though whistle.gif