40 Breeder Peninsula Build

nanoreefer11

So, my corals finally out-grew my 20 gallon long so I updated to a 40 breeder peninsula style!

Equipment list:

Vortech Mp10

AI Sol x2 (in the mail!!)

Hydor L40 Return

Eshopps PF800

RKL Running 2x PC4 and Light Module

SCA-303 Skimmer

ATO

To Buy List:

2x AI Vega upgrade Kit

Ai director

To do List:

Skin metal stand

I know you may be looking at the equipment list and think why am I using an HOB overflow, and the fact is I had such a great experience with the last HOB I used on my 20 long that I decided to stick with what worked. Furthermore, I did not know if my next APT would have space for a 3ft tank coming out of the wall so I didn't want to commit to a design I've never tried before.

Tank has been up for a few weeks and I'm hoping to shoot some pictures tomorrow or whenever the dozen or so zoo frags and anemone decide to open up.

heres my stocking list so far:

Darwin clown x2 SA

Six line wrasse

Springeri dottyback ORA

And to come:

Midas Blenny

3x Blue Chromis

Yeah, there is one point where you can see me overflow my sump.. that was no fun haha

I almost did that one day, twice. "the water in my tank seems low. Odd, it's not going up.". Then i was checking to see if it had enough room for power outage. I turned the pump off and the overflow drained. All seemed fine, then the return side drained. I had to turn the pump back on real quick and pull some water out.

Nice! I've been running LEDs for two years now, that full spectrum fixture was the best color I've had so far, I do like the controllability and features of the sol though.

I've owned:

Par38 Rapid LED

Par38 Ledtric

Slimline s-12

DIY led fixture

AI Nano

Ai Sol x2

Nano is on my GF's tank and as you can see, sol's are on mine lol

Edited by nanoreefer11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Patrick, think you may have me confused with another. I've been wanting to checkout your setups but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the compliment though :)

The compliment was genuine. Yes, I got you confused with Neon Reefer. Patrick