Aquamaxx star calcium reactor nano

victoly

I needs this to complete the mess that is my HOB tank. You can never have too many pumps in the tank to power HOB items.

Skimmer, fuge, media reactor, and now calcium reactor!

*** Reads description and realizes no in-tank pump is necessary***

I hear this unit performs nice and is easy to set up. Seems to have quality built in w/ Sicce pump ect... Good reviews too! However at six inch + depth as an HOB, I find it defeats the purpose of a true NANO setup. This guy works up to 75 Gals. (Not exactly Nano) I agree w/ oOzarka that LOL You can never have too many pumps in / on your tank. Maybe for those guys w/ a sump on their Nano tank and have enough room for this. Great! But if you plan to HOB on the back of a Nano especially a cube w/ a top then it seems to be overkill and defeats the purpose and look of say an Oceanic Bio Cube or a JBJ Nano Cube.

I mean really a reactor for Ca, so one doesn't have to dose. Is it really necessary? A high demand stony nano tank will still require excellent water params. Yes you can go all high tech w/ all the equipment IE Skimmer, Carbon and PO4 reactor and now another reactor for Ca. Or you can go low tech and just provide your nano w/ the basics for a good closed system (IE) no fuge, sunp ect... Lots of rock and quality water changes provide everything this high tech equipment provides. IMO Nanos that require all this equipment just are not set up right to acquire the needed bio-filtration. OK so we sometimes need help of a skimmer or a media reactor so we can crowd the tanks a bit, or fight off an algae outbreak. But a well-managed mature tank really should have no need for all this extra equipment. And a Ca reactor to maintain Ca levels is also not needed, but more of a “I want to have something else for my high tech tank.” You will still need to test so really all you get is the ability to put your 1 or 2 part away. However, Salifert’s All in One or Kent’s 2 part for Nano tanks twice a week does just fine, and it adds in all the trace that Nano’s require. This and good weekly water changes takes the place of most of this high tech equipment IMO.

$120 plus the cost of CO2 injection probably runs the cost up another $110+ . Course you could go the DIY CO2 w/ the plastic coke bottles for only an additional $30, but then that’s really not the way one would complete a high tech system right? This is a cool toy if you want it, but it is by no means needed. I say money is better spent on upgraded lighting, cooling or who couldn’t spend another couple hundred on some cool coral?

I hear this unit performs nice and is easy to set up. Seems to have quality built in w/ Sicce pump ect... Good reviews too! However at six inch + depth as an HOB, I find it defeats the purpose of a true NANO setup. This guy works up to 75 Gals. (Not exactly Nano) I agree w/ oOzarka that LOL You can never have too many pumps in / on your tank. Maybe for those guys w/ a sump on their Nano tank and have enough room for this. Great! But if you plan to HOB on the back of a Nano especially a cube w/ a top then it seems to be overkill and defeats the purpose and look of say an Oceanic Bio Cube or a JBJ Nano Cube.

I mean really a reactor for Ca, so one doesn't have to dose. Is it really necessary? A high demand stony nano tank will still require excellent water params. Yes you can go all high tech w/ all the equipment IE Skimmer, Carbon and PO4 reactor and now another reactor for Ca. Or you can go low tech and just provide your nano w/ the basics for a good closed system (IE) no fuge, sunp ect... Lots of rock and quality water changes provide everything this high tech equipment provides. IMO Nanos that require all this equipment just are not set up right to acquire the needed bio-filtration. OK so we sometimes need help of a skimmer or a media reactor so we can crowd the tanks a bit, or fight off an algae outbreak. But a well-managed mature tank really should have no need for all this extra equipment. And a Ca reactor to maintain Ca levels is also not needed, but more of a “I want to have something else for my high tech tank.” You will still need to test so really all you get is the ability to put your 1 or 2 part away. However, Salifert’s All in One or Kent’s 2 part for Nano tanks twice a week does just fine, and it adds in all the trace that Nano’s require. This and good weekly water changes takes the place of most of this high tech equipment IMO.

$120 plus the cost of CO2 injection probably runs the cost up another $110+ . Course you could go the DIY CO2 w/ the plastic coke bottles for only an additional $30, but then that’s really not the way one would complete a high tech system right? This is a cool toy if you want it, but it is by no means needed. I say money is better spent on upgraded lighting, cooling or who couldn’t spend another couple hundred on some cool coral?

Lol

Full apex.

Custom led.

Chiller.

Skimmer.

Minimalist rock scape.

Carx.

Carbon and gfo reactors.

It's fun to have these things so we do.

Sorry that my tank won't meet your abstract definition of the purest definition of "nano", or your opinion of if I'm going overboard or not. I'm gonna go make some lunch if that has everyone's approval.

Sorry that my tank won't meet your abstract definition of the purest definition of "nano", or your opinion of if I'm going overboard or not. I'm gonna go make some lunch if that has everyone's approval.

Did you churn your own butter? Really, all you need is a cow and jar, so let's not go overboard and buy the high tech stuff.

Was your kalk in top off not keeping up?

It was doing OK, I just get tired of mixing it up, and the variability that comes with evaporation rates, kalk stirring/dissolution rates/pH spikes, etc. I prefer a solution that will set me up longer term.

I'm doing a bit of a rock rescape, so I'm waiting to complete that before I put the reactor online. Too many changes at once is a recipe for disaster. What other parts are you talking about?

Archived