New to Austin & ARC forums...

AustinCatGroomer

I'm Amy and I'm a professional dog & cat groomer (hopefully just kitties soon though ;) ). I recently moved to Austin from Northern AZ with my mini zoo (1 Doxie, 2 kitties, 2 pet rats, & 2 house bunnies). I've been keeping bettas in natural planted tanks for a few years, but I'm currently betta-less due to loosing them from old age (all passed before the move, phew!). I had set up a saltwater 4g Evo for a few months, but I took it down before I got to do anything with it past the cycling stage due to the move.

I'm here to learn more about sucessfully keeping smaller saltwater tanks (before I dive back in), and to get to know some fellow fish lovers in the area smile.png .

Welcome to the club! You are one brave lady, grooming cats, yikes! There are several of us on here successfully running small pico and nano sized tanks, so feel free to ask any questions that come up :)

Thanks, guys!

I'll definitely check out the pico contest, gifmasterplus - thanks for letting me know :).

Elite Reefer - Cat grooming is challenging, but I love it! I'm headed off to Greenville, South Carolina this fall to attend a 2 week course to [hopefully] achieve my goal of becoming Austin's first & only (if someone doesn't beat me to it!) Certified Master Cat Groomer ;).

Welcome aboard, it's always good to see new faces! As others have mentioned, be sure to check out the pico contest. We also have monthly meetings (one coming up this Saturday). They're a great way to meet people, learn about a topic, take home some free corals, and win some door prizes.

Not to mention our upcoming full day conference, the Capital City Coral Corral. Lots of going on and a great group of people to share the hobby with.

Mike

Cat grooming sounds like you should be earning hazard pay.... Incidentally, our screen names are in blue, just above the avatars. :D I actually have a few dogs that could use some grooming. Including a very temperamental jack russel terrier.

Archived