• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apex arrived with a broken main board. I noticed upon removing the sticker covering the ports, that the ports were inside the casing, and offset to the left. I opened the casing and to my surprise the main board was physically broken and the aquabus ports were bent. DFS is RMA'ing :)

I'll kind of give you a rundown:

Apex Settings:

(Network settings tab)

Disable DHCP

Aquacontroller address: 192.168.1.50

Netmask 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.1.254

DNS: 192.168.1.254

Secondary DNS: 192.168.1.254

HTTP Port: 8080

DD-WRT Settings

I have my dd-wrt set to 192.168.1.150 (client bridge mode, note you cannot do DDNS from this router!)

In the wireless security settings on the dd-wrt route, set the l/p to the 2wire's l/p and authentication method .

Those are literally the only things i did to a fresh reset of the dd-wrt router.

ok I had everything working before adding the ddwrt into the mix.

for some reason my DD-WRT router wont work in client bridge mode, but works find in client mode. I dont know that exact differences between the two but when it comes to setup the difference is that i have to change the subnet to something different than my residential gateway. example: RG is 192.168.1.254, Bridge is 192.168.2.1, does that mean i need to set the apex to 192.168.2.40 instead of its original 192.168.1.40?

I had things working until i added that part into the mix. i am going to try it and see what happens. if it doesnt work i will change it back (that is assuming i can find it again)

Apparently you must have a display to change it from celsius to ferinheight. Anyone have a display I can borrow for 5 min? I see dead people. Then I bring them back to life.

Fixed with firmware update

To answer your ip question, you do need to change the 2 to 1.

I did that and it lost all connectivity. until i get it figured out im running some Cat5 about 10ft in the living room from the switch in the entertainment center. and when i change the subnet it can only be seen by devices in the same subnet. so to fix it i had to go dig out another cable and actually plug in my laptop... either way i jave tried multiple times and configs and gave up about 2am.

3rd thing i would like to do. i dont have a float switch for top off yet and i also dont have a breakoutbox. my topoff consists of a maxijet1200 in a water container. it takes 30 sec a day to top the tank off. how do i program that?

client bridge mode allows the WRT to connect to your wireless access point and provides a network extension using the ethernet ports on the WRT.

client mode is almost exactly the same, except with client mode the WRT will maintain its own network. Sounds like you may have dhcp enabled on both devices, else, you're running into an IP Address conflict.

Archived