Official Reef-aholic intervention

FarmerTy

I figured if I posted it somewhere public where I could be held accountable, it would make me realize I have a problem and stop buying coral. I'm going to institute a coral species exchange program from this point on. If one species comes in, one must leave! I'm at 120 different species of softies, LPS, SPS, and anemones!

Who else has a problem??? Kind of redundant to ask on a reef site but jeez, I never counted the number out before. I'm actually quite shocked by my own number. Please tell me someone has it worst than me?

-Ty

• Like 1

I've thought about making this same thread for my Zoa Addiction.... but...... I like them too much to stop. It's just money anyways, you have to spend it on something. So why not coral? Who needs foods/water/diapers/cable anyways?

Dont stop selling me zoas.

BTW I need more Lunar Eclipse, LA Lakers, and King Midas. Mohawks overtook them. Need some mohawks?

Edited by o0zarkawater
  • Like 1

Don't give me any ideas Timfish! I'll go with the let everything grow out approach and stop collecting any more varieties.

Chris, I got one frag of king midas I'll trade you for some mohawks. Wait, ******, I said no more varieties! You guys are enablers! Okay, I'll trade you but I'm selling another species of coral this weekend and removing it from my system entirely. Deal!

-Ty

• Like 1

I've been here since yesterday, and I've been talking to your family and they just love you like crazy. There's nothing they will do to make this get better, there's nothing they won't to do help this continue another single day. /intervention.

The forum software bleeped "dang it"? That's hilarious.

Thanks Victoly... it starts with admitting a problem. At least we aren't all collecting like 100 cats or anything... does this qualify all of us to be on that show "Hoarders"?

I'll trade you my coral frags for your stand and canopy building frags anyday. Haha. Well, once I get my upgrade tank maybe. Let me know when you're ready and you can swing on by and take a look. I should have some good frags by then. Been a little behind on fragging due to my work schedule.

-Ty

My tank has a while before it is ready, but if you are still attending CA (Corals Anonymous) I'd be happy to trade wallet frags for coral!

I'll trade you my coral frags for your stand and canopy building frags anyday. Haha. Well, once I get my upgrade tank maybe. Let me know when you're ready and you can swing on by and take a look. I should have some good frags by then. Been a little behind on fragging due to my work schedule.

-Ty

My tank has a while before it is ready, but if you are still attending CA (Corals Anonymous) I'd be happy to trade wallet frags for coral!

Priorities, Ty. Get them straight.

-Ty

HAHA, I should start a "Will Trade Craftsmanship work for Reef equipment/livestock" thread! Need to find ways to offset the start up cost. When my wife said, "Sure, having a reef tank would be great" she had NO idea that that was actually going to cost.

• Like 1

Victoly - APARs... ugh! Being overly repetitive is a skill you need to master to draft one of these.

SCEV - No kidding... that's why it's the perfect hobby. You nickel and dime your way into it, one upgrade and one new frag at a time. That way you can sneak it past the wife. If you are actually willing to do woodwork for frags + cash, I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers on the forum. I know I'd be one of them when I get my next tank sometime in 2013.

-Ty