BulkReefSupply GB

brian.srock

Placing this order in 2 hours. Can still add tot he order till 1:30 after that its closed. If you want to add please send pm with links to items and paypal with the correct amount, not adding anymore items without payment unless I know you :) (Just covering my *** so im not stuck with unwanted items)

Current order size is $350+ so we are well above the free shipping.

I'm gonna repoop on the party. 50% of the time I meet up at an LFS I buy something there, seems like our sponsors would be in favor of said transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you victoly!

That is what happens more than 50% of the time.

Often when I meet people they have tons off water jugs being filled, go in to get food, or go in to get a fish they want.

(Moderator hat off)

I completely agree with the residual business that a sponsor benefits from our parking lot transactions. My understanding is that this was requested by our local LFS sponsors. I would be happy to clear it with RCA/Jake.

Well boo to whatever sponsor can't see the benefit to these transactions.

I understand the issue of convenience guys, but please respect our sponsors. While it is common for members to go in and buy things when "meeting up", there have been severe abuses of this in the past that lead to sponsors requesting that we not do this. Their establishment, their rules. Member behavior does reflect upon the club.

When in doubt, just ask them if it's okay before announcing a public pickup at their location.

The club would also be happy to announce/promote any sponsors who wish to offer up their place as a meeting location for group buys.

Why don't I just meet people at Fishy Business on Burnet Rd. or Gallery of Pets on Duval Rd. both of these locations are easy access and sell aquarium items in case anyone needs to pick up anything at the same time.

Seems to solve the problem of meeting in a sponsors parking lot.

It's not rocket science guys.

Local Fish Stores (sponsor or not) pay rent, utilities, and other expenses to maintain a storefront. Some of them see it as unfair for hobbyists to utilize their location to sell frags or distribute products purchased online or in group buys, most often at a cost much lower than even the wholesale prices available to the sponsor. Rather than put words in any sponsors' mouths I encourage you to talk to your local store owner and see what his/her opinion are. If they have no problem with it, ARC has no problem with it. If, however, they do have an issue then it is common courtesy to respect their wishes and not to conduct such transactions on their property. Member's actions do reflect on the club and we strongly support all of our local sponsors.

This thread has deviated from the BRS group buy so let's please limit discussion here to that topic.

All,

I'm here at RCA as I type this and just spoke with Jake. He is ok with the distribution of goods in the parking lot, and would ask that none be brought inside as it potentially is confusing to his staff.

I think we should all applaud Jake for being the cool sponsor he is.

Mitch

ARC Moderator