What do you do when you can't sleep?

(Bio)³

So when I can't sleep I often find myself with a red filtered flashlight and peering into my tank.

Other times I mocking up parts of future builds, or do research on any problems I have in my tank.

I'm curious what others do when they can't fall asleep?

I'm liking the ideas, cept the reading one... thats not for me at all.

If I drink to try and pass out I often get dumb ideas and forget that my girlfriend is asleep in the other room... that often ends with her yelling at me to be quiet.

Keep the ideas coming, its neat to see what others do at weird times when no ones watching.

I have taken Ambien every day for more than ten years. In an effort to decrease dependence on medication, I stopped two weeks ago. Because excess alcohol prevents RIM sleep, I use a hot bath to sap the energy out of me. In my case, I have a large Jacuzzi which also gives me a water massage. Immediately after getting out of Jacuzzi at 105 degrees, I cool down with Aquifier water at 70 degrees. When preparing for sleep, the body slows down and cools off. It is usually an hour after this hot bath that I lay down for sleep.

During this cool down time, I organize projects or surf the net or chat on forums.

But I still say "La bonne temps roulee".

Patrick