Let's all welcome new Premium Sponsor BuildMyLED!

mFrame

We've been teasing you with information about them for a few weeks now, but I've been given the go-ahead to introduce ARC's newest sponsor, BuildMyLED. They will officially debut their product in Dallas at MACNA in a week and a half, but have agreed to release some preview information to us, their hometown club.

If you haven't seen their teaser video, you can catch it here:

d

So who are they and what do they do? You'll have to follow their forum to see, but basically they plan to be THE goto company for anyone that has a desire to build a custom LED fixture for their tank. Their product and processes will take the guesswork out of building your own design. No more calculating power supplies, guessing at which LEDs to use to achieve a certain spectrum spread, or learning how to solder. The owners have worked in the lighting business for years and bring that background to bear on providing an incredible bang for your custom fixture bucks. Custom LEDs without the hassle!

So, let's all take a minute to welcome them on board, and be sure to mark your calendar for the behind-the-scenes tour of their facility on October 13th!

I got 3 of the 48" fixtures ordered, let ya'll know when I get them in. I got one all 6500k, one full spectrum with some red and green, and one 450/470. I will be running them off an APEX controller and I will dim the blue and maybe the white to get the color to look the way that I want. If this gives enough light I will get 3 more the same to run a total of 6 on my 500g, maybe I will need to go with 8, have to borrow a par meter at some point.

The site is sort of working now BTW, if you double click on the led's instead of dragging them it seems to work.

Kevin

Hi Kevin. The web developers made some code changes today, and Firefox and IE9 are now working correctly for me. Chrome was also improved, but the drag-and-drop method is still a little quirky on Chrome. They have to be in the right position before they will drop into the spot. Clear your browser history & reload the Configurator page and let me know if it is working better now. I will let you know once they debug the Chrome drag/drop sensitivity. Thanks!

Archived