Hello, from College Station

Bpb

Helli everyone! I'm new on here. I'm from college station, which is a couple hours away but I am in Austin on a weekly basis so when I found this site, I had to join. I just set up my first saltwater tank last week. It's a 55 gallon reef tank, with only a few corals for now. Ive also got two great looking freshwater planted tanks.

I still need some equipment to feel comfortable with my set up before I start adding more livestock. Hopefully in the future I can take advantage of the sale/trade opportunities on here since its local. I look forward to studying up on here as well

Welcome, and Gig'Em! We have quite a few Ags on here and my son will be starting there in the fall. Feel free to ask lots of questions and get involved, we've got some great people here!

I say "Gig'Em". Class of 1975. I graduated from the Texas Maritime Academy in Galveston, where I started my first marine aquarium. It was a Galveston Bay biotheme. I have been hooked ever since.

The Cajun Aggie,

Patrick

PS If you like planted tanks, you may want to look at some of the lagoon tanks with decorative macro algae that a few of us have set up.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Good luck to your son entering college as well. I graduated in 2005, but stayed here and started my family. My wife's impulse buy of a Betta bowl as a gift for me a few years ago has turned into multiple tank syndrome, and now I'm starting into reef keeping. And to think, I never even thought I would be interested in aquariums. It has taken over as my chief past time/hobby. I play music in a few groups based out of Austin, so like I said I am in town frequently. Hopefully I can find a nice used RO/DI filter and some other odds and ends I lack.

For now I'm stock piling RO water from a distributor here in town for $0.40 a gallon. Not bad but I would like my own filter to get down to 0TDS and avoid the drive. For now my tank is mature, cycled, lightly stocked, and kind of on auto pilot. To improve it though I need more gear. I'll have to be patient for now though. I'm a bargain hunter and rarely buy things new at full price.

Gig 'em right back. This site may not get as much overall traffic as nano-reef or reef central, but the people here sure are friendlier and more willing to offer good advice. The other forums are informative with the mass of posts and topics, but the replies I get are always slightly mean spirited or sarcastic. Gotten some great advice on here in a short period of time.