Reef Cleaners

(Bio)³

It moved!

[Edit:

I guess we hit an image limit, so here's the link:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb16/GeorgeMon/Pets/Aquarium_ChitonMoved_05MAY2012.jpg

]

It's aliive! Huzzah. Talk about needing patience. And it looks like it left a track as it is eating pink coralline algae. That's awesome - my wife will love it (she doesn't like the uniform pink). Now I'm trying to decide if I should remove that shell piece or use it for my clam.

The only fuzzy chiton to survive the trip died yesterday. Two nights ago as I went to bed, I noticed it was no longer in its spot. I thought maybe it had eaten enough to get a burst of speed, but since the white lights were off I couldn't see it. Yesterday at noon (go home for lunch), I noticed it was upside down downhill of its previous spot. I picked it up and placed it right-side-up on a rock. It looked stiff and "bowed", but I figured I'd give it until I came home from work in the evening to move or not - or at least latch onto the rock.

When I got home both my GFCIs were tripped again, and looking at pH and UPS being out of juice, again they must have tripped right after I left home (why can't it do it while I'm there or just before I get home?). Everything looked ok (except I lost my last 2 of 6 molly fry as they were able to swim to different sections of the sump and probably got sucked into pump intakes as they came back on). But the chiton was again upside-down. :(

John gave me a partial refund also.

My last chiton I believe is dead also, I lost track of him when I rearranged this weekend but haven't seen any sign of him since. He hadn't moved more than an inch ever.

However my limpets are starting to take care of my glass algae!

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk