Where I work

yeah...theres a lot of success stories out there for those who can "take" the work...the owner of my franchise started out as a driver and now is one of the biggest franchises in texas owning something like 60 stores...he bought one and it just kept snowballing

there's the stigma of the pizza guy that really bothered me at first until i realized how much i was making...laugh if you want at the guy knocking on your door...but keep in mind he's probably making the same if not a lot more than you...and he's working his tail off for it too to make sure things are right for you

That's why I don't tip :). Fortunately I like cold pizza and just order the day before. Of course I'm joking. Congratulations Dustin.

yeah...theres a lot of success stories out there for those who can "take" the work...the owner of my franchise started out as a driver and now is one of the biggest franchises in texas owning something like 60 stores...he bought one and it just kept snowballing

there's the stigma of the pizza guy that really bothered me at first until i realized how much i was making...laugh if you want at the guy knocking on your door...but keep in mind he's probably making the same if not a lot more than you...and he's working his tail off for it too to make sure things are right for you

That's why I don't tip smile.png. Fortunately I like cold pizza and just order the day before. Of course I'm joking. Congratulations Dustin.

lol...i was gunna say...geez what a jerk!....haha...these guys really do work hard...i mean im all for getting pissed of when service is not good but give credit when its due...lol...you should see me in a restaurant when theres a lazy waiter or waitress...i embarrass my wife all the time...thanks for the congrats

Delivering pizza was my favorite job, so I always tip well. Every time it looked like I might lose my job or when I actually got laid off, I seriously considered delivering pizza. Tons of guys on base/post in the military do it for extra cash. No stigma in my mind. Congrats and good luck.

• Like 1

lol...i was gunna say...geez what a jerk!....haha...these guys really do work hard...i mean im all for getting pissed of when service is not good but give credit when its due...lol...you should see me in a restaurant when theres a lazy waiter or waitress...i embarrass my wife all the time...thanks for the congrats

nah, the other day i was in a restaurant and got bad service, which is rare for me. i mumbled "dang it, she's making me do math" because i actually had to figure the 15% instead of just throwing a decent amount of money at the table.

• Like 1

nah, the other day i was in a restaurant and got bad service, which is rare for me. i mumbled "dang it, she's making me do math" because i actually had to figure the 15% instead of just throwing a decent amount of money at the table.

haha...yeah ive totally done that before

That's why I don't tip smile.png. Fortunately I like cold pizza and just order the day before. Of course I'm joking. Congratulations Dustin.

Man Dustin, you're a tough customer. Glad you didn't come and sit in my section at the OG. Lol. My wife is the same way. Embarrasses me when we go out to eat because she's real rough on servers. Luckily I'm the one that tips and pays but I feel bad for those guys and gals.

Funny thing though. In all my time waiting tables, the vast majority of guests who were super rude, insulting, and just generally unpleasant usually left the best tips. On the flip side, it seems like the nicer people are who like to engage in personalized conversation and are almost friend worthy, give the lousiest tips. Sometimes none at all.

• Like 1

Man Dustin, you're a tough customer. Glad you didn't come and sit in my section at the OG. Lol. My wife is the same way. Embarrasses me when we go out to eat because she's real rough on servers. Luckily I'm the one that tips and pays but I feel bad for those guys and gals.

Funny thing though. In all my time waiting tables, the vast majority of guests who were super rude, insulting, and just generally unpleasant usually left the best tips. On the flip side, it seems like the nicer people are who like to engage in personalized conversation and are almost friend worthy, give the lousiest tips. Sometimes none at all.

i'm not a jerk! well, i am, but not to the people that have my food out of sight for so long :).

• Like 1

yeah ive had alot of deliveries like this...too...ive found that the uber rich dont tip well either...like a dollar...guess thats how they got uber rich...it's the median income people who are very nice to you and talk alittle and give you a good tip ($5-$10)

yeah ive had alot of deliveries like this...too...ive found that the uber rich dont tip well either...like a dollar...guess thats how they got uber rich...it's the median income people who are very nice to you and talk alittle and give you a good tip ($5-$10)

you expect me to tip and share my charming personality!?! greedy....can't think how to finish that in a family friendly way...sorry.

ok, $5 i can get behind, but surely someone is ordering a lot of pizza for a $10 tip. My typical order is in the $20 range, so $10 seems like it'd have to be there before I got off the phone :).

i like getting the inside scoop on tipping from the industry professionals. it is very handy.

My ex worked as a waitress for a few years so I feel somewhat compelled to tip well. But, that was when the 'standard' tip was 10% of the bill. At some point it became that 20% is the norm. I refuse to give someone a 20% tip just because. 10% ok. I'll tip well(>20%)if it's earned but not because I'm 'supposed to'. I get it that servers make most of their money off tips

• Like 2

My ex worked as a waitress for a few years so I feel somewhat compelled to tip well. But, that was when the 'standard' tip was 10% of the bill. At some point it became that 20% is the norm. I refuse to give someone a 20% tip just because. 10% ok. I'll tip well(>20%)if it's earned but not because I'm 'supposed to'. I get it that servers make most of their money off tips

GIsxa.gif

I'm a hypocrite. I hate and rarely tip as much as I expected to make in tips myself. I say expectED because I put my two week notice in yesterday and start my new job tomorrow at the hospital. No more restaurant for me. I'll be a nice guy and at least try to get my two weeks of shifts covered, but if I can't, the new job will take priority and I'll just have to apologize

you expect me to tip and share my charming personality!?! greedy....can't think how to finish that in a family friendly way...sorry.

ok, $5 i can get behind, but surely someone is ordering a lot of pizza for a $10 tip. My typical order is in the $20 range, so $10 seems like it'd have to be there before I got off the phone smile.png.

i like getting the inside scoop on tipping from the industry professionals. it is very handy.

i agree $10 is alittle too much and is totally not expected but there are the few that do it...theres a guy orders from a hotel room (has been for a week or two) that orders a pizza and wings and tips $10 every time...my drivers are always fighting over who gets to take it...i dunno if the guys using a company credit card or what but hey...im not gunna argue if its me taking it lol...ive taken orders to high schools that are more than a couple thousand dollars and gotten nothing except a im sorry its not my card ( bunch of bs...you could throw in $2 to make me feel good lol) and ive taken some orders worth a couple hundred dollars to schools and gotten a $100 tip in return...guess its all about the way you think

i feel the same way...im not gunna tip 20% because its expected but if your working for it...heck yeah ill tip ya...and most of the time it's more than 20%