Where I work

Since my last post, I started a new business and quit my tile business all together. I started a photo booth rental business where we rent photo booths for all kinds of events. From weddings, corporate events, birthday parties, to proms, graduations, and conferences. Feel free to check me out at partytimebooths.com.

PS. Might be kinda cool for an event like C4. You could have the C4 or ARC logo in the background of all of the pictures taken with the green screen.

Were you on Shark Tank? smile.png

Haha. I wish that was me. I have thought about applying many times but I guess I was a little too late. I do think it would be cool to see these things in every NBA arena and NFL stadium. It would be a really cool souvenir. You could have the team logos in the background of all of the pictures.

Well I am in my 2nd week of classes at acc, went a completely different route though. I just love working with my hands and have always been very interested in welding. So I am in up to my neck at the welding program now. And I love it, picking it up very fast a according to my instructors. I am taking intro to sheilded metal arc welding and intro to gas tungsten arc welding.

These are my first welds ever. The first plate is Tig, second plate is stick. I know there are a few welders on here and I would love to hear from you!

post-2008-0-02755500-1370386968_thumb.jp

post-2008-0-16783000-1370387051_thumb.jp

I'm welder too. More of a side gig now. Full time gives me asthma real bad. Welding is a ton of fun. I only have a 110 Hobart wire feed with flux core. I always weld outside so no shielding gas for me.

Very cool, I am doing extremely well in my Tig class. Already moved to vertical up. Stick I am doing pretty good too. Just doing better in Tig. Gonna buy a welder and chop saw in the next few weeks and build a few tank stands for practice.

I've got my first interview tomorrow since I graduated (again). Took me a month of resubmitting resumes over and over and calling and calling before I could get an interview set up. Fairly nervous. It's not the ideal starting job, but ANYTHING to get my foot in the door and out of the restaurant business is a good thing. Wish me luck y'all

• Like 1

I've got my first interview tomorrow since I graduated (again). Took me a month of resubmitting resumes over and over and calling and calling before I could get an interview set up. Fairly nervous. It's not the ideal starting job, but ANYTHING to get my foot in the door and out of the restaurant business is a good thing. Wish me luck y'all

I looked back in the thread and didn't see what field for your degree.

Lol I suppose that would help. I got my first degree from Texas A&M in economics. Graduated in 2005. Didn't have much initiative back then, and wound up in restaurant management. Did that for 5 years and was miserable for every minute.

Decided to change directions and go into healthcare. Went back to school and just got my degree as a radiology tech. Graduated in may just recently. I need to find work now so I'm pretty psyched about this interview considering how difficult it is to get into this field where I live.

Now after I start working I'm kind of torn between getting my MRI license or just going big and trying for medical school. For now I need to work though. Wife is tryin to finish school as well and me being the sole income by waiting tables just ain't cutting it. Plus...makes it hard to get cool stuff for my tank lol

• Like 1

Good luck with that. I have an uncle in law that recently started doing that. He seems happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...

well, i've been on here for a while and never wrote on this job thing...figured it's time

for those of you who are grammer crazies i'm sorry ahead of time

a little background

i've been in construction for most of my life...started framing houses with my dad when i was 15, i naturally moved into being an electrician in my early 20's after finding i had a talent in it and did that for a little over 5 years and was about to take my electrician's test when the economy went a little haywire here ( and everywhere else)...the company that i was working with was starting to slow down a little as jobs around here started to dry up, as a result of this i got a part time job as a delivery driver for Dominos pizza. i worked part time for about a year and a half ( maybe a little more) and noticed my "supplemental' hourly average income ( my average hourly tips + my hourly wages) was pretty dang near what i was/could be making as an electrician...i know...sounds crazy but you have to understand...here in bryan the pay scale is a ton less than it is in a big town or city like Austin or Houston ($18-$20/hr for someone whos been at the company for 15 years was good pay). It was about this time when the company i worked for started laying people off because of lack of work, i've never been one to collect unemployment or whatever (no offense to those who have needed to though to pay their bills) so i decided to make this part time gig into a full time gig. you might laugh but i was making a TON of $ as a delivery driver...i was one of there top drivers, i was very efficient and could handle anything "problem like" that came my way with minimal time loss...this made it so that i was talking a lot of deliveries on a shift and i was scheduled premium hours because of it. About a year ago i was approached by my general manager who wanted to see if i was interested in taking on the role of a shift leader and learning how to run shifts and possibly move up higher in the ranks if i was interested...i begrudgingly took on this new role with a huge pay cut due to me not making my tips anymore...we starved for a while but i quickly moved up in rank and pay...in the 6 months it took me to move up to a position it had taken others a year. i finally made it to level 3 Assistant Manager (the highest my franchise currently offers..and comes with full benefits). fast forward to the present...thursday i went in for an interview for my own store...monday they called me and wanted me to take it...i took it. I am the new General Manager of the Dominos Pizza in Waller Tx (on 290)....in the time it took me to be a full time driver to General Manager was 8 months - a year...most of this is up to the individual and how "into" it they are but on average it takes at least 2 years to "make" a GM...i think i did good lol

monday is going to be my first day and i'm nervous as heck...i've got a lot ahead of me...this is a tough store i hear

if any arc members ever wanna come up or are passing through...i'll give a good discount ( don't know if thats ok with arc rules mike so i'm sorry if i overstepped) just lemme know before you make the trip

anywho thats my story...times may be alittle off so dont hold them under a microscope and add everything up...i was just guesstimating from memory not the calender lol

• Like 1

well, i've been on here for a while and never wrote on this job thing...figured it's time

for those of you who are grammer crazies i'm sorry ahead of time

a little background

i've been in construction for most of my life...started framing houses with my dad when i was 15, i naturally moved into being an electrician in my early 20's after finding i had a talent in it and did that for a little over 5 years and was about to take my electrician's test when the economy went a little haywire here ( and everywhere else)...the company that i was working with was starting to slow down a little as jobs around here started to dry up, as a result of this i got a part time job as a delivery driver for Dominos pizza. i worked part time for about a year and a half ( maybe a little more) and noticed my "supplemental' hourly average income ( my average hourly tips + my hourly wages) was pretty dang near what i was/could be making as an electrician...i know...sounds crazy but you have to understand...here in bryan the pay scale is a ton less than it is in a big town or city like Austin or Houston ($18-$20/hr for someone whos been at the company for 15 years was good pay). It was about this time when the company i worked for started laying people off because of lack of work, i've never been one to collect unemployment or whatever (no offense to those who have needed to though to pay their bills) so i decided to make this part time gig into a full time gig. you might laugh but i was making a TON of $ as a delivery driver...i was one of there top drivers, i was very efficient and could handle anything "problem like" that came my way with minimal time loss...this made it so that i was talking a lot of deliveries on a shift and i was scheduled premium hours because of it. About a year ago i was approached by my general manager who wanted to see if i was interested in taking on the role of a shift leader and learning how to run shifts and possibly move up higher in the ranks if i was interested...i begrudgingly took on this new role with a huge pay cut due to me not making my tips anymore...we starved for a while but i quickly moved up in rank and pay...in the 6 months it took me to move up to a position it had taken others a year. i finally made it to level 3 Assistant Manager (the highest my franchise currently offers..and comes with full benefits). fast forward to the present...thursday i went in for an interview for my own store...monday they called me and wanted me to take it...i took it. I am the new General Manager of the Dominos Pizza in Waller Tx (on 290)....in the time it took me to be a full time driver to General Manager was 8 months - a year...most of this is up to the individual and how "into" it they are but on average it takes at least 2 years to "make" a GM...i think i did good lol

monday is going to be my first day and i'm nervous as heck...i've got a lot ahead of me...this is a tough store i hear

if any arc members ever wanna come up or are passing through...i'll give a good discount ( don't know if thats ok with arc rules mike so i'm sorry if i overstepped) just lemme know before you make the trip

anywho thats my story...times may be alittle off so dont hold them under a microscope and add everything up...i was just guesstimating from memory not the calender lol

z

My friend worked for Taco Bell in high school and was the employee that did what he was suppose to do. Became a shift manager then manager. All before he graduated high school. He was a manger for a year making $70,000 a year. Then frito lay (when they were still part of Taco Bell) called him to go work at frito lay as the warehouse manager. Making a little more money but was 9-5. Fast forward to now and he's the vp of production for North America. Those fast good places can really pay off.

yeah...theres a lot of success stories out there for those who can "take" the work...the owner of my franchise started out as a driver and now is one of the biggest franchises in texas owning something like 60 stores...he bought one and it just kept snowballing

there's the stigma of the pizza guy that really bothered me at first until i realized how much i was making...laugh if you want at the guy knocking on your door...but keep in mind he's probably making the same if not a lot more than you...and he's working his tail off for it too to make sure things are right for you