Spot The ARC Contest - General Info

We have decided to encourage people to show their ARC love with the vinyl vehicle stickers. And what better way to do that than to give something away each month!

So here is what we are going to do. People can post pictures of their vehicle sporting the ARC sticker (please no license plates ... we just need a good enough picture to determine the make/model/color of the vehicle) to the Spot The ARC Vehicle Gallery.

Each month (starting in April 2012) a new thread will be started for the "Spot the ARC" contest. ARC staff members will be on the look out for cars with the ARC sticker on it. If you are spotted by a staff member during that month (and you have a picture in the gallery), we will note it. At the end of the month, we will do a random drawing to give away a cool prize to one of the people spotted (and you know it will be cool because of all the fantastic sponsors we have been getting!).

That above was the unofficial rules, here are the official ones:

• You must post a picture in the Spot The ARC Vehicle Gallery showing the ARC vinyl sticker on your vehicle. The picture must clearly show the sticker, make, model, and color of the vehicle. Please blur out the license plate if it is included in the picture.
  • Only ARC staff members are qualified to "spot" a vehicle.
  • Official ARC meetings, gatherings, trips, etc are not eligible for a vehicle to be "spotted" (come on, that would be too easy!).
  • One entry per person for a given month.
  • You may only win once per calendar year.
  • ARC reserves the right to modify the contest rules and what-not at any time.

Questions? Feel free to ask here or to shoot me a PM.

And in the words of a very popular movie right now: "May the odds be ever in your favor". smile.png

Edit: Updated with info on posting pictures to the gallery.

I recently heard that it's really easy to get an ARC vehicle sticker for FREE just by showing up at one of the club meetings or events and asking for one. New and renewing Premium Members should also find them in their membership envelope (while supplies last)....

Here's my car...I don't really care about my license plate being out there. It's on google street view after all.

Dude, you're totally missing the "AustinReefClub.com" part! I mean, the fish IS awesome, but how are people supposed to figure out where to go to find out more about your fantastic hobby and club? :P

Hmmm.... so who lives in my area. Dave, I'm going to cut you off in traffic so you can see my ARC sticker!

TY you better post a pic first (this way I can send it to the police). devil.gif

• 3 weeks later...

aww man didnt get one in my membership envelope lol... and all the meetings have been up north :( cool contest idea though but living in kyle not sure I will get seen all that often haha

aww man didnt get one in my membership envelope lol... and all the meetings have been up north sad.png cool contest idea though but living in kyle not sure I will get seen all that often haha

Yep ran out but at least you got your card. . . smile.png

Ok, I just ran home, put on the decal and snapped a picture. The sun's at a bad angle, but you can see it in the upper right-hand spot (last corner open, was going to put a University of Hawaii sticker there for my wife, but she can put it on her car). Maybe I'll replace the picture later. I thought about washing my car but it's probably better if you see it how it normally looks after driving in the field or going diving.

2008 Dark Blue Honda Civic Sedan (4-door).

ARCdecalOnCar25APR2012.jpg

Ok, I just ran home, put on the decal and snapped a picture. The sun's at a bad angle, but you can see it in the upper right-hand spot (last corner open, was going to put a University of Hawaii sticker there for my wife, but she can put it on her car). Maybe I'll replace the picture later. I thought about washing my car but it's probably better if you see it how it normally looks after driving in the field or going diving.

If you slowly peel off the white background, place the clear part with the lettering facing your windshield, then can rub it on, slowly peel the clear covering off it will affix to the outside of your windshield.

Dave-

If you slowly peel off the white background, place the clear part with the lettering facing your windshield, then can rub it on, slowly peel the clear covering off it will affix to the outside of your windshield.

Dave-

I took time to do that while at work, and now there's a clean spot in one corner. My boss was probably wondering what the heck I was doing. It didn't come out great, so I'll take one later and replace the one above.

aww man didnt get one in my membership envelope lol... and all the meetings have been up north sad.png cool contest idea though but living in kyle not sure I will get seen all that often haha

Yep, I'm in Kyle and Buda almost daily.... Swing by my place and I'll be happy to give you one.

Dave-

For anyone wondering the correct way to apply. This guy seems like a professional.

Archived