Aquaponics

jestep

Has anyone tried any aquaponic gardening? I was thinking about setting up a 20 gallon to try a window herb (the legal kind) aquaponic garden. I've seen some pretty cool and simple designs but wanted to see if anyone has tried one.

I think it's a great idea to combine a garden and a fish tank into 1 project. After all, NO3 and PO4 are major problems in FW as well as SW tanks. This would provide an effective removal mechanism, and you would actually get something out of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

No here either. Did some planning, but due mainly to space right now I decided to hold off.

The biggest hurdle that I've found at least in trying to do one of these indoors, is that none of the growing containers will easily fit on a double tank stand which was my original idea to keep the footprint the same size as an aquarium. I would like to do one of these as an ebb and flow type. I also wasn't planning on eating the fish, so the stocking becomes about the same as any FW tank.

My kids school has a garden and I was trying to talk them into one. There a guy that gives a basic setup to schools. It's basically a work bench with a stock tub (from tractor supply) underneath. I think I want to try one down the road.

Has anyone tried any aquaponic gardening? I was thinking about setting up a 20 gallon to try a window herb (the legal kind) aquaponic garden. I've seen some pretty cool and simple designs but wanted to see if anyone has tried one.

I think it's a great idea to combine a garden and a fish tank into 1 project. After all, NO3 and PO4 are major problems in FW as well as SW tanks. This would provide an effective removal mechanism, and you would actually get something out of it.

||

once it is ready for tours you'll have to come visit my partner's farm Agua Dulce in south Austin.

||

once it is ready for tours you'll have to come visit my partner's farm Agua Dulce in south Austin.

I would love to go for a tour. I love me a grown up field trip.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Botanicare Turbogarden ebb and flow type garden that I'm not using for sale if anyone is interested. It is a great way for someone to get started in the hobby. I grew all kinds of stuff and it is perfect for someone with limited space in their backyard. If interested send me a PM.

Archived