Reefing the Pentagon???

SirReal63

Thanks, it has been a fun tank with a really weird shape that fits the spot it is in perfectly. My calcium reactor can easily outpace this tank, both of them can actually, I made a new one out of a NexReef MR1 but even the little MRC one was too much. I was having to run the ph at 7.2 to keep from from building alk which hit 14 at the high point before going to the kalk, I can consistently run a 9dkh again. I have changed to flow a little, currently running a pair of Tunze 6100's at the full voltage with 2-1/4" shrouds and a 6060 in a Tunze Rock. I went back to the 150 watt Radiums and 445nm Ecoxotic led's. I have time again to work on the tank (massive bathroom remodel #1 is done) and am going to do the floating canopy right and put in a single 250 or 400 watt Radium and a pair of VHO SuperActintics. While I don't have a problem with the dual 150's I want better spread so the LumenMax Large is going in their place. The canopy was only done as a temporary solution and it is time to do a better aesthetically pleasing one.

Sweet tank and house. Unique. Corals look great. I'm currently setting up a tank. I'm going to have to check that sand out. Going to be a shark and sting ray tank, so they will need quality sand. My parents have a house at Buchannon. Went to eat not too long ago at Marble Falls. It's blown up. Back when I was kiddo, we had a deer lease. The only thing I remembered being there was a WalMart. Tons of places now. We ate at a restaurant next to Chilis that overlooks the lake. Nice environment and great food.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It has been a while since I have updated this, so here we go. I have been playing with IrfanView and a white balance correcting plug in to try and get the colors closer to what the eye sees, and I have been fairly successful. Trying to do great photography with a 7 year old point and shoor is a challange, but a better camera will have to wait. The pics are still a little more pale than they are in person but it is a better representation. To supplement the 150 watt Radiums I added two 24" VHO SuperActintics and removed the Ecoxotic 445nm LED's. The difference has been fantastic. In order to fit in the VHO I had to replace the light canopy. I decided to build one that mimicked the tank shape and though it looks much better, access to the tank has suffered which has made tank maintenance a lot harder. I need to remove some rock and erradicate the Valonia on it.

VHO Only.

IMG_20130415_125015_297_zps899c3a31.jpg

DSCF2412wbf_zpsc7bfb708.jpg

DSCF2410wbf_zps0597aec0.jpg

DSCF2409wbf_zpsc2b15520.jpg

DSCF2413wbf_zpsefcc77a8.jpg

DSCF2380_zps24b8e8bc.jpg

DSCF2370a_zps55dcfae1.jpg

I also retired my old ASM G3 in favor of a Vertex IN180 that I changed the pump on and converted it to a recirc. The pump is a Sicce PSK1000 and it appears to be a great fir for the Vertex body.

DSCF2336_zpsda9822ed.jpg

Nice and milky.

DSCF2326_zpsb5071d38.jpg

It was a fun little project and I am not unhappy with the results. It is a bit too much skimmer with my small bio-load, 5 small fish just isn't a lot but it is still doing an excellent job.

Thanks Robb, it still has a ways to go before I will be completely happy with it. I am still fighting flow with the odd shape, the two 6100's and 6060 are doing the job but keeping sand in place has become a never ending nightmare.