Brooks' LED-Lit 20g --- UPDATED [2/8/12]

Brooks

Looks good Brooks. I may have to keep an eye on this if I end up in an office any time soon.

Haha Now that I have an ofice I've been thinking about saving for one of these.... I think h.I would let it slide if I stuck one on a table in my office.

Thanks Jason! I appreciate it!

And he had a lot of the mummy eye, but all of them were spoken for. His Bazooka Joe frags were CRAZY! Very generous, and very colorful. I'm going to have to hop on one soon.

You're right! I'll fix it now, ha!

Favorite..... zoa........... ever...

How many watts of LEDs are you running? And does the amount of wattage matter?

Josh - new to LEDs

Thanks! I am running 15w of LEDs (7 x 453nm blue and 8 x 12k white). In all honesty, I am not sure if the amount of watts matter when it comes to LEDs. It is more the intensity of the light that I think comes into play. LEDs (well, many) have a high PAR rating than other lighting options.

I might actually switch to a PAR38 bulb. Not entirely sure yet, though. We will see!

Wow. Awesome setup Brooks, great corals too good luck!

Thanks!!

Keep a look out for a EcoPico with some nice lighting in the for sale section. Selling it at a great price. Brand new and less than half of what I paid.

My dad, as he starts out in the hobby, said he'll start paying for the corals in exchange for me teaching him all about it. What kind of an awesome deal is that, eh?!

Its really blue, I know. But iPhone pictures don't allow me to adjust the contrast (at least not from the regular camera).

I went with a bare bottom tank this time, because I really do get tired of the sand looking nasty. And plus, I love when chalices grow to the bottom of the tanks! They make a rainbow... of sorts. :)

bd64ac86.jpg