Reactor recommendations?

Aaarrrggg

I'm thinking of trying out Dr Tim's NP-Active Pearls, but to do this I need a reactor. I've never used a reactor before so I have no idea what to look for in one.

Any advice / recommendations appreciated!

(The recommended dose of NP-Active Pearls is ¼ cup per 20g and I have a 144g with 30g(?) sump... if that helps!)

I just recently started running the BRS dual chamber reactor with the recomended maxi-jet 1200 the reactor is nice and ez to change out stuff not that you will need to change anything for 6-12 months with bio pellets. I would have to say if I did it again I would choose a different pump the mj1200 is louder than my skimmer pump but it might just be a bad pump.

www.reefdynamics.com is supposed to have a new one out within the next week. I watched his youtube video on it and the way he designed it allows for more control than some of the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLhmI8vtnfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMx4HOsG3Rc

Unfortunately you have to listen to Jim but it does seem like a good product.

I just recently started running the BRS dual chamber reactor with the recomended maxi-jet 1200 the reactor is nice and ez to change out stuff not that you will need to change anything for 6-12 months with bio pellets. I would have to say if I did it again I would choose a different pump the mj1200 is louder than my skimmer pump but it might just be a bad pump.

I had the same issue with the maxijet 1200 in combination with the dual chamber reactor. It made more racket than my entire setup even with just a 1/2 cup of carbon and GFO in each reactor 1' of head. I do like their reactors though. Way over-engineered for much higher pressures than they will ever experience so they don't leak. Easy to maintain too.

www.reefdynamics.com is supposed to have a new one out within the next week. I watched his youtube video on it and the way he designed it allows for more control than some of the others.

Unfortunately you have to listen to Jim but it does seem like a good product.

Nice design.

I like Jim because he asks all of the stupid questions I would be too embarrassed to ask a guy like Jeff. smile.png

MJ1200 with a modified TLF. Get a plastic ornament or other sphere and cut it to fit in the bottom of the reactor. It drastically increases the turnover of the reactor compared to using a screen. Just think of a curved bathroom sink. When you blast the water it sprays out everywhere. A cone shape would work as well. I would do this mod on any reactor you need turnover in like a pellets.

Wow. Y'all must have had some loud/defective MJs. I never heard mine.

Yeah, apparently its hit or miss with that combination. I found several others on the internet with the same issue. No worries though, I now have it hooked into the return side of my primary pump which was purposely oversized to handle it. One less cord and heat source. smile.png