Preferred frozen food

Derry

For starters, please don't take this thread down the "I hate frozen, and here's why..." path. I understand that there are pros and cons to using frozen, and I've made the decision to accept the cons for the sake of the pros. I'd rather save the use frozen/don't use frozen debate for another thread.

Having said that, what's your preferred frozen food (specifically, which brand/vendor) and why? I've been using SFBB varieties with good results, but I'm looking for something that uses fewer binders. I'd like to hear others' experiences with other brands.

My fish and corals love Rod's Food (original). My Acan's, torch, chalice's and brain put out lots of feel'ers as soon as it hits the water. I also feed FreezerBar (cyclopeeze available at your LFS) . I like the cyclopeeze because it has very low water content and is very high in protein.

It's been a long time since I've checked with my fish but the last time I tried the various frozen foods Lifeline and any brand of brine shrimp came out the winner. I feed mostly New Life Supreme pellets mixed with powdered krill/plankton and frozen for treat/variety.

I've tried making my own food a couple of times, but I've never been happy with the results.

I have enjoyed the same result.

I use a variety of the frozen's available from the LFS's. Usually buy from Aquatec and PE mysis is a perenial favorite.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...