Heaters ya'll are using?

Derekreefer

The Ti heaters get the best reviews. I've had good luck with the VisiTherm Stealth models.

That said, I don't use one anymore. I have 5 T5s over my 58 and, with the house set to 73, the current temp is....drum roll...according to my lab grade thermometer...27C! That's 80.6F for you non metric types. I do have my skimmer and a MJ1200 feeding a BRS Dual media reactor(so some of that heat is dissipated in the transfer) in the tank which both contribute heat, so YMMV. Currently, all 5 T5s have been burning for about 6 hours.

Is there a use for them, sure. Am I going to add one this winter, which is actually the first one with out a heater? Not unless it gets really cold in the tank.

I've got a Marineland stealth in both my 7.5G and my mixing bucket, both have been great fully submerged. In my 24G nano cube I use a 100W Jager that's large.... but is going fine all the same. None of the dials are accurate according to the temps my thermometers measure :huh:

I use a ViaAqua and a Finnex on my 135. ViaAqua has been good temp wise, but now I run it off an Apex. The Finnex is good, had some issues when I first got it, it would turn off after about 15 minutes, and give off this horrible high pitched noise. Finnex support was great, I sent it in for replacement, and they sent me one back with a check to cover the postage to send it in.

I was running the Marineland Stealths, but switched after reading about a few blow up on some folks.

• 5 years later...

Bump. It's that time of year again! If you use them check them to make sure they're working right. If you need one the titanium ones are much better than glass (less likely to explode if water get's inside it).