Austin Aqua Farms EBAY Auction

Rjohn

I did visit them once, just back in June...they have a beautiful facility...very clean and healthy livestock...I walked out with more than I should have...again!!:doh:

They do have a separate eBay section that you unfortunately get teased to see and can not purchase...:blush: you will definitely get a better deal on eBay than what their purchase price is for the same coral in their public sale tanks...I think??

They do have some colonies and rare corals that are gorgeous...

Aqua SD advertises and does not put prices with pictures, however when we post to sell, we are to put a price on it. This is a rule.

Why would ARC even think about have a meeting with AAF when they are not even a Sponsor?

Why are there so many group orders from out of state sponsors when there are sponsors here in town and we never do group orders from these guy right here in Austin? Don't you have to pay taxes as well? Would it not be better to pay the taxes in Texas then out of state? By the time you do the group order, shipping, receiving the order, sorting the order and distributing the order seems like you spend more money then you would just buying from one of the locates here in Austin. I know I have had request for certain things here in Austin and theses Austin sponsors have filled it for me so I don't understand why everyone does the bulk/group orders out of state. I know there are always free things sent with ordering from these sponsors but how do you share the freebies with all those who ordered something?

Just asking questions here.

theresa

RJohn I don't think you did anything wrong. You thought they were a sponsor and were trying to help everyone out.

Innate1, I didn't really care about AAF and didn't consider their status at all. I just saw corals going for 10 cents on the dollar and wanted to let the board in on it. I was surprised when I found out people here were already bidding.

AAF started selling a select 30-40 corals/week on ebay! The ebay seller name is NOT AAf but, reef_pets. I bid and won a coral a couple weeks ago and have been to AAF many times over the years and YES they do carry an absolutely impressive selection of rare and exotic coral. Of course as we all know with that comes a hefty price tag, so when I can get a nice or rare coral for a few dollars I'm takin it. The reason so many know about it is, anyone on AAFs mailing list got an email with the details.

I agree, there is NO WAY to control bidding against your friends, but THAT is what an auction is. It simply is up to the bidder how much they are willing to spend for an auctioned item. JMHO of course. The biggest problem I guess, is the vendor is the one who benefits from the competition. Business is business, they are there to put food on their table, and gas in their tank. I really can't grasp why anyone would be offended or upset about being out bid or being bid against by someone they know.

I really can't grasp why anyone would be offended or upset about being out bid or being bid against by someone they know.

If you would have received the abusive PM I received, this thread would have a whole different outlook. It is a shame it had to resort to that. In my mind, this thread is closed.

If you would have received the abusive PM I received, this thread would have a whole different outlook. It is a shame it had to resort to that. In my mind, this thread is closed.

And so it is.