May Bulk Reef Supply Group Order

mcallahan

We've got a request for a Bulk Reef Supply Group order and I'm going to set this one up for people to get group status pricing.

What does that mean? That means I need a minimum of 10 people to be in on the order and then BRS will setup group order pricing for the people on the list.

If you want in on the group buy:

1. please first create an account @ BRS if you don't already have one.
  2. Then, please respond in the thread that you want in.
  3. Then, PM me your REAL NAME(first and last name- no handles/screen names) and email address associated with your BRS account.
  4. Deadline for getting in is Monday, May 17th @ 12p.

On Tuesday, May 18th, BRS will switch everyone's account who is on the list to group buy pricing. You'll have until Monday, May 24th to place your order.

Everyone's order will ship individually so if you want to save on shipping, find an order buddy!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is everything included in the group buy from there store even monitoring systems and ro/di stuff ?

And how much is the discount ? or does it depend on the item and does the item need to be instock at the time the order is placed or can we order out of stock items as long as we pay for them durring the GB ?

Thanks

is everything included in the group buy from there store even monitoring systems and ro/di stuff ?

And how much is the discount ? or does it depend on the item and does the item need to be instock at the time the order is placed or can we order out of stock items as long as we pay for them durring the GB ?

Thanks

Everything is included. Discount % depends on the product. Some items are discounted heavily, some not much.

I'll email them about the out of stock item. Do you have a specific item you are looking at?

Here is what I want:

Half Gallon - 2 Pounds Bulk GFO Pellets Ferric Oxide 10% $36.00

1 Gallon - 3 Pounds Premium ROX 0.8 Aquarium Carbon 5% discount $38.00

Replacement Pads for BRS Reactor $6.99

Total = $80.99

PM sent. . .

Mark - have an email in to BSR with some questions. One of which concerns out of stock items (i.e. dry rock, auto top off system). My order right now

stands about $25.

Also can I be your postage buddy too? It got to be a routine with group buys that I hit Arby's for lunch then pick up my stuff. Hate to break a habit (lol).

wayne

I'm in... I need an RO float valve kit for my storage container, possibly a DI canister and a couple of inline TDS meters (depending on if I can convince my external conscience to allow it.. but definitely the float valve kit).

This is who I have as in (meaning I have all their info) of 11:45a on Wednesday:

1. Bill B
  2. dapettit
  3. NonSequitor
  4. lewk
  5. o0zarkawater
  6. mcallahan

Current shipping buddies:

mcallahan/dapettit/o0zarka/wayneb

Figured I would post what I asked BSR and their reply for those interested:

Sir:

Have a question or two concerning setting up the RO/DI 5 stage system I bought from you earlier.

Plan on 3 containers - one 55 gal waste water, one 55 gal RO, and one 30 gal DI/saltwater mixing

barrel. My questions are:

Can I daisy chain 3 auto shut off valves & 1/4" check valves, 1 for each of the barrels? Also

when do you expect the auto top off system to be in stock?

When will the Shelf dry rock be expected to be in stock?

If we order out of stock items - will they ship when received or should we wait until catalog

shows items in stock?

Our group is planning on doing a BSR group buy with order placed by May 18th (May 24th?)

thanks, wayne britt

The Reply from BSR:

Wayne,

If you were to put a tee in and split your to product water lines to your two product water containers (ro water and salt mixing) the one auto shut off valve should kick in when both of the float valves go up. As far as daisy chaining another one in to go off when the waste water is full, I don't know to be perfectly honest. I have never heard of anyone trying this. At first glance it seems like it would work save for the fact that you will likely always have a full container of waste water and a half/third a container of the others because you will produce much more waste water then product water. To be completely honest though I don't know for a fact that it would work but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't but I may be missing something.

No idea on the rock, sorry!

We don't think its ethical to sit on your money for products we don't have in stock and don't have an exact arrival date for. Those items will just go back up on the website when we have them in stock and can be ordered then :-) We carry over a thousand products so there is always something we won't have for a group buy but it's just a good excuse to start another one when the get back in stock!

Brandon

Bulk Reef Supply

[

....how much is the discount ? ?

Thanks

It appeared to me, last order, that the discount was typically whatever it quotes as being "as low as". IF that is the case then the monitors have no discount as they have no lower price quoted. Of course the discounted prices will be clearly shown once you log in Tuesday or later. I think my rule of thumb will help ya make some preliminary plans.

Bill