FAQ Time

Zarathustra2

Also, under livestock, maybe a "Species" (not to wild about the name, but couldn't think of a better one) category so we can put articles on individual fish/invert care.

I made the Fish category to where you can submit directly to it. Disease can be a separate sub-category. Not sure if we will keep a compatibility section.

Thanks for all the feedback! Exactly what we need to get this rolling.

PS the FAQ will be opened up to all members just as soon as the pages are properly styled and there are a handful of articles in it. :innocent:

Don't know if this is the right area to add to subject matter but here goes.

Hazards of Reef Keeping - for example - toxins (in response to what happened to Mama), both coral and fish. Electrical dangers (electrocution and equipment {i.e. the heater incident}), Lack of GFI usage, simple formula for figuring out total wattage (amperage) in use versus what is available via outlets/ circuit breaker. Use of drip loops when plugging in equipment to outlets, Even location of outlets, extension cords, power supplies, batteries, etc. in relation to tank and water sources.

wayneb

How about I make the root directory "Saltwater Aquarium Basics"? This is were we can submit basic "how to do a water change", "hazards", "new to reefkeeping" BUT specific topics should go in their dedicated subcategories?

Or Saltwater 101? Also, any way to get the transcripts from the "Ask the Experts" chats be posted here (Ask the Experts sub cat)?

did i miss how to work on the wiki? i've got far too much free time and this sound much more productive than online tv. where is the wiki?

You need to be a Premium Member in order to access it.