A Propagation Forum?

Brooks

Hi ARC.

I was just wondering if we could add a "Propagation" forum that can give advice on propagating corals, ie, how to frag Chalices, SPS, Acans, etc.

I think it would be greatly beneficial and would help quite a few people.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for reading,

Brooks

Wish I could claim is as my own thought, but another board (nano-reef) has an Aquaculture forum, so that is where I got it from :D

Yeah. Well, I got the idea for the forum itself from different forums as well.

It proved to be pretty beneficial from what I've seen and experienced myself.

+1 on "FRAG IT!". Let's be original, if possible.

While I like the name for it's uniqueness, I would think we need a more generic name. I envision this new section to not only cover coral fragging, but live food rearing, macro algae growth (looks towards subsea :lol:), etc.

While I like the name for it's uniqueness, I would think we need a more generic name. I envision this new section to not only cover coral fragging, but live food rearing, macro algae growth (looks towards subsea smile.gif), etc.

We can have more than one forum. Lets keep things seperate so that it isn't so we don't have to read lots of stuff we aren't interested in. Have a forum each for feeding, fragging, algae (perhaps one for macro and one for nuisance).

We can have more than one forum. Lets keep things seperate so that it isn't so we don't have to read lots of stuff we aren't interested in. Have a forum each for feeding, fragging, algae (perhaps one for macro and one for nuisance).

I kind of agree with this.

Coral propagation should have it's own forum.

I believe we should have the following:

Coral Forums:

Subforum(s):

- SPS

- LPS

- Soft Coral

- Coral Propagation

Marine Invertebrates:

Subforum(s):

- Marine Plants

- Macro Algae

(^The top two could be combined into one^)

- Cephalopods

etc.

I agree, all of the sub forums are probably a bit overkill to start with. But possibly a few, one for fragging, one for growth, etc.

Let's see what the boss man says in a few days.

I wouldn't say it is an overkill at all.

We all know that we link to other sites. Why bring popularity to other sites, when we, as the official Reef Club of Austin, should be a center for information?

There are more than enough experienced people on this forum that can contribute to every single one of these sub-forums, but, we don't have really have a place for them to post this information. Sure, they could put it on the "Reef Keeping" forum, but over time it would definitely be lost.

The "Reef Keeping" forum is overly generalized.

Why not make the information easily accessible to people looking for answer in their local community, rather than scouring the web for possibly invalid information?

By doing this, we would definitely see an increase in ARC's activity.

But as you said, it is up to the boss!

Just my opinion.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to sound harsh. wacko.gif This is just a suggestion that I think should be considered.