Coca Cola barrels

muddybluewater

So where exactly does one go to get them from CC and/or who to ask? I've never really seen a public front to the plant here, but I never really looked either. I used to get my empties from Austin Homebrew.

That sounds like a great deal! If I bought barrels then I would feel obligated to purchase a RODI system next. As it is I bring home RO water 20g at a time from RCA.

$5 /barrel is cheap, but then I would have to justify the other costs ;)

Does anyone know how much RODI water from RCA is?

Just got back from a quick turn-around trip to Coca Cola plant. I called earlier and they said they only had 15gal containers available. However by the time I got there, I was able to get 4 15gal and 2 30gal ones. Total cost for the six was $20. Note: they did verify that they are closing the plant.

Everyone I talked with and worked with there were very helpful and friendly. No problems at all.

wayneb

Do these barrels have lids? I would like to set up a couple in my garage to hold top off water and saltwater for changes. If they have lids that would be ideal to keep junk out of the water.

Where abouts is the CC plant? I will be out of town for the weekend and I live in Elgin. 2 of the 30g ones would be the start of a good system.

both are Blue Barrels with lids molded on, 30 gal with 2 2"(?) holes w/ caps in top. The 15gal has one 2" hole with cap and a handle.

It is located about 2 blocks up (north??) from 183 on Burnet Road, go around back to gate and check with them. They will get you signed in

and let you know where to go.

wayneb

Well, by the time I got there they only 15g barrels available. And I only had a $10 bill on me. They take checks and have no change on hand. I should have known better. But they offered 4 of the 15g barrels for $10 and I loaded them up. The only down side is that they didn't have any lids for them.

I will probably want to find a way to plumb a spigot into the bottom of them to allow for easy access to the contents. I may have make the hole in the top large as well to allow for maintenance and a powerhead for salt mixing.