MMMMM....think about getting out

offroadodge

why would you get out? just down grade man! i have read many of your post and you seem to know what your doing. 120g is a big tank, maybe you just need to pick your favorite corals and fish and dedicate your time to them in a smaller tank. bigger is not always better. in this hobby bigger is just more expensive. i would rather have 3 40g tank than 1 120g. its much easier to maintain. just my opinion. :(

I was feeling it too, and downgraded to a 29 bicube...easy as pie, and it is packed with my favorite corals...and just got a beautiful BSJF today,and my mandarin is eating mysis; might get a yasha and pistol shrimp soon. I am stoked. Just downgrade and simplify.

I was feeling it too, and downgraded to a 29 bicube...easy as pie, and it is packed with my favorite corals...and just got a beautiful BSJF today,and my mandarin is eating mysis; might get a yasha and pistol shrimp soon. I am stoked. Just downgrade and simplify.

Hamp......I am SO glad everything turned out well for your Blue Spot Jawfish....he had a rough journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an expensive hobby. The fact that you are even questioning it, makes me think maybe you should get out. If you can still look at your tank and think "Man that's beautiful!" maybe you should see if you can address what it is that is bothering you. If you have lost your zeal, $2-$3/day (before the impulse buying), and a pretty good investment of time, for some purty stuff, doesn't make much sense.

As an alternative I would consider keeping the tank, selling the saltwater specific stuff and turning it into freshwater. It's not as pretty and there's not as much going on but it is so much cheaper and the maintenance is just about nil compared to SW. You can also have more fish per tank. Heck, I would probably plug the sump and put in a canister filter. Even they are a lot cheaper to run than a mag pump of any size. TMSAISTI

Bill

ok, everything was straightend out late last night. I had a brain FART and flew off the rocker. Has nothing to do with my LOVE for the hobbie. We can all just leave it at that. But man im gonna need a bigger tank...... Have to many corals and alot of growth.

ok, everything was straightend out late last night. I had a brain FART and flew off the rocker. Has nothing to do with my LOVE for the hobbie. We can all just leave it at that. But man im gonna need a bigger tank...... Have to many corals and alot of growth.

FRAG it and sell them = afford bigger tank.