My new 84g cube

GKarshens

So this is my newest setup. Some of you may have followed along on one of the incarnations of my 125g. It had 2 completely different lives and a big hiccup on the 2nd one. We ended up selling our house and buying a new one so I took the opportunity to start completely fresh. Eventually I have plans for an in wall 240 gallon tank, but that is another story for another thread. In the meantime I will be running this bad boy. It was custom built by Brian at Kingfish Aquariums here in Austin. Originally it was going to be a hospital tank for someone fighting AEFW. It was then just a holding tank for their store for a while. Then it sat empty for a long time. When I was making the move and trying to figure out what to do, this tank popped into my head and Brain sold it to me. It is 36" wide, 30" deep, and 18" tall, making it 84 gallons. It has a Calfo style overflow with dual drains. I will be using an Eheim 1262 (probably throttled back) for a return. It will have a mini Luminarc with a 250w Hamilton 14k bulb. I may add some T5 actinics later. It will have a Tunze wavebox and a Maxi-jet Mod for flow on top of the return. I will be running an ASM G3 with the gate valve mod for a skimmer. I think that covers the technical side of things. I have had my rock in a covered Brute for the last month or so since I broke down the old tank. Kingfish was kind enough to keep 4 of my fish and the corals I wanted to keep. So once this one is setup, and any cycle that may come through with, I will have some livestock pretty quickly. Only one photo for now. More will follow I promise!

gallery_15_207_82922.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude sexy rimless! This will be a sweet set up and I imaging you have some good ideas for aquascaping eh? Let me know if you need any browned out sps.

Glad you got it moved in and good to have you back Gabe.

p.s. I miss not seeing you on Weds. just a little ;)