Fear of Conch

Laura

OK...so I've never had or seen a conch before...I order one for Ric...as I finally get a minute to sit and gaze at my invert tank, I see this "thing" with its beady eyes and snout like Snuffalupogus from Sesame Street cruising toward me...I sleep 4 feet from this tank...Ric, come get this thing outta here before I hit stoke mode...EEEEEWWWWWW..........................

+1 on fighting conchs being a great addition to a clean up crew. I have a smaller Tonga conch (similar to the fighting) that likes to bury in the sand an peek his eyes above the sand. My larger fighting on mainly cruises the sand bed. They are one of the few critters that will eat cyno.

And stick with the fighting kind, the conchs that get large (very large) are predators!

Mama he made the move just fine, I think. He is moving around but I can't really see him cause I have the tank shrouded in beach towels. I know he moved from where I put him originally. He was up close to a corner so I could see his eyes sticking out of the shell. It is a bit creepy looking. I just hope he has a real hunger for cyano.

Mama he made the move just fine, I think. He is moving around but I can't really see him cause I have the tank shrouded in beach towels. I know he moved from where I put him originally. He was up close to a corner so I could see his eyes sticking out of the shell. It is a bit creepy looking. I just hope he has a real hunger for cyano.

Awesome Ric!! It was great seeing you yesterday, as always....

Do you have the "Allah" towels on the tank because of the light issue? You need a shower curtain from Wal-Mart!!!!:lol:

I am doing a '3 days of darkness'. The towels just intensify the darkness. I peeked this morning and the cyano seems to be nearly gone. Noon tomorrow is the cutoff time. I will do about a 15G water change in the morning. I hope I have knocked it back for a while.

I've had a conch I got from Aquatek since I first started to stock my tank, I love his trunk and little eyeballs, I think they're just awesome even without their CUC attributes. happy.gif

But today the little guy decided to get adventurous. i was feeding my clowns when out of the corner of my eye, a shell launched itself into the air did a front flip over my purple monti and landed neatly on the sand. I gave him a 9.5 score. thumbsup.gif

Anyone else seen this kinda behavior from your conchs??

I've had a conch I got from Aquatek since I first started to stock my tank, I love his trunk and little eyeballs, I think they're just awesome even without their CUC attributes. happy.gif

But today the little guy decided to get adventurous. i was feeding my clowns when out of the corner of my eye, a shell launched itself into the air did a front flip over my purple monti and landed neatly on the sand. I gave him a 9.5 score. thumbsup.gif

Anyone else seen this kinda behavior from your conchs??

I have seen mine do this when his is bothered by hermits. It is neat to watch them move that fast :doh: