C4 - Saturday August 27, 2016

Just wanted to start generating some hype! C4 will be happening on August 27th this year.

I'm super excited, we JUST got a pretty big speaker lined up so I hope everyone is going to be able to make it!

Currently we're sitting at 25 vendors!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quit what?

Ty may be one of the speakers but I've got a PhD lined up and someone who's pretty well known in the hobby... So far... ;)

Quit what?

Ty may be one of the speakers but I've got a PhD lined up and someone who's pretty well known in the hobby... So far... wink.png

The club, the hobby, everything. The ego on that guy can't possibly get any bigger [emoji12]

You don't think the palytoxin knocked his ego down a notch? cool.png

OOOOH MAN! I'm just about to lock in another speaker that I'm REALLY excited about. If he confirms, I'll give you some teaser youtube videos of his work.

Please tell me more about C4, I found the website, looks like it's still got date & location from 2015, but the other info on the site looked pretty cool!

We are going to have details for this year's event very soon. Mike is working hard to get our venue locked in. Once that happens, we will let everyone know. I'm holding off on announcing the speakers until we have them completely confirmed, but as it stands we've got 4 speakers tentatively lined up... 2 hobbyists, 2 scientist. I've also got 25 vendors signed up so far. We're thinking we will probably limit it to 30 total. Hopefully this will make the event attractive enough to bring in about 400-500 people is our guess.

This year it will be on August 27, that is confirmed. The time is unknown, but likely it will run most of the day. It will be free to attend, and there will likely be a raffle or auction or some other awesome ways to get some cool stuff.

Wow! Sounds like fun and a great learning opportunity for someone like me! I assume I'll be able to buy coral frags there? I can't wait!! But patience is a virtue I guess and I may be ready to try some more interesting corals by then

• 3 weeks later...

Archived