anyone else getting redirected to url4short addresses?

esacjack

I thought it must have just been a problem with one of my machines, but it keeps happening regardless of location. (Work, here, at a friends house, etc)

Edit : This only happens when visiting the arc site. .htaccess?

Yes. I'm pretty sure it happens after you haven't visited for a while. I've noticed it from clicking on my rss as well as directly accessing the site. It's not supposed to happen to members. Since you don't have an active session the site reverts to your persistent cookie. At some point the site's session manager assumes you aren't a member and redirects you before accepting the new session.

It happens every morning for me, first link I click from the RSS feed, but never again until next day.

I have seen articles indicating that this is a compromised site when it happens on vbulletin, so may be the same with IPB.

I just put in a host file entry for url4short to redirect to my local machine. Happens once, then the site links work.

no idea if this problem is continuing but after the update the quote button is wonky.

The loaded reponses doesnt have quotes, is centered text and when I went to edit I couldnt see any quote html but it appeared as a quote. was odd to go in and add the quote code when I had to guess where the other was?

no idea if this problem is continuing but after the update the quote button is wonky.

The loaded reponses doesnt have quotes, is centered text and when I went to edit I couldnt see any quote html but it appeared as a quote. was odd to go in and add the quote code when I had to guess where the other was?

It's a bit different, that's for sure. When you select "Quote Reply" you no longer see the tags, but if you just go with it and type below the indented quoted text and type your reply it ends up working like one did.

It's a bit different, that's for sure. When you select "Quote Reply" you no longer see the tags, but if you just go with it and type below the indented quoted text and type your reply it ends up working like one did.

Yeah I gathered that, but when I went to pull a quote across from one thread to the other it wasn't as seamless as the old style. I had two current tabs up one to pull the quote I was searching for and one to paste it into the response I had typed. When I copy/pasted it over the quotes didn't follow like they would have. I then put the tags on each side of the text and only half made the quote.

Here's a potential fix for the "quoting" issue. I'll be rebooting the site server later this afternoon to clear the cache, but you may want to do the following if you are still having Editor errors.

After the upgrade to IP.Board 3.4 there's a possibility that the editor may have a PHP error in it, or have the toolbar grayed out. This is not a bug in IP.Board 3.4.

This is happening because in IP.Board 3.4 the editor got an overhaul. This involved changes in many IPS Editor Javascript files, which your users browsers may have cached. As a result the editor may be grayed out, or there may be a php error in the editor.

To fix this issue, please have your users (and yourself) clear their browser cache, and perform a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 / CMD+R for Mac) on your community.

Here's a potential fix for the "quoting" issue. I'll be rebooting the site server later this afternoon to clear the cache, but you may want to do the following if you are still having Editor errors.

After the upgrade to IP.Board 3.4 there's a possibility that the editor may have a PHP error in it, or have the toolbar grayed out. This is not a bug in IP.Board 3.4.

This is happening because in IP.Board 3.4 the editor got an overhaul. This involved changes in many IPS Editor Javascript files, which your users browsers may have cached. As a result the editor may be grayed out, or there may be a php error in the editor.

To fix this issue, please have your users (and yourself) clear their browser cache, and perform a hard refresh (CTRL+F5 / CMD+R for Mac) on your community.

I've confirmed that after clearing my cache on two different boxes that quoting goes back to working. Please let me know if you continue to have issues after following the instructions above.

Site software has been upgraded. Please let me know if you see this problem continue.

Made an additional change this morning. Please let me know if you continue to see the url4short hijacking occur.

Now when I quote I do atleast see a grey box on the quote area. No tags though. I tried copy/paste quote from one page to the next. See if it turns out right below the text.

Site software has been upgraded. Please let me know if you see this problem continue.

Made an additional change this morning. Please let me know if you continue to see the url4short hijacking occur.

It centers the text, no tags, no grey box on my end.

I can re-highlight the text and click the quote button again to regain quotes. No as seamless but atleast its visual now nd allows me to requote... hopefully it doesnt just use half the quoted text like before though.

second try doesnt allow me to show the quote coming from multiple people but atleast i can requote.

Also it loses who made the quote. the grey box shows what is quoted and later it appears as who said it but when your typing up the response orpulling from one thread to assisnt on the other your not able to say who said what, atleast not as easy as before.

cleared my browser cache, hard reloaded, my posting toolbar is still greyed out :/ Also tapatalk is screwy and will only show the 1st page of any post.

I just re-installed the tapatalk plugin. Please let me know if that issue is resolved.

Victoly, can you try with a different browser and tell me how that works for you?

Also, anyone reporting a problem please list your OS, Browser with version, and detail of what isn't working. Thanks.

tapatalk is still screwy (restarted phone/app, relogged into forum). iphone5/newest iOS. the symptom is that only the first page of content for any given thread will show up. even if you "switch pages" it still shows the first page.<br /><br />hmph. the advanced posting works in firefox, but not chrome :/

Archived