September Meeting

dapettit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it appropiate to bring cuttings, frags or fish. At Lareefclub we drew names to divide up what people brought. Only people that brought something were allowed to draw from the hat.

I'll bring some of the Saltwater Sailfin Mollies.

Looking forward,

Pat C

Shane is allowing us to hold this meeting during business hours. Since this is being hosted by one of our sponsors it would be rude to sell or trade. Please do not bring anything to sell or trade out of respect.

Thank you,

Dave-

Shane is allowing us to hold this meeting during business hours. Since this is being hosted by one of our sponsors it would be rude to sell or trade. Please do not bring anything to sell or trade out of respect.

Thank you,

Dave-

No disrespect intended. I realize that as co-ordinator you must see all side of the spectrun. I am a "ShermanTank", please excuess me.

Pat

No disrespect intended. I realize that as co-ordinator you must see all side of the spectrun. I am a "ShermanTank", please excuess me.

Pat

I appreciate your understanding. Hope to see you at the meeting.

Dave-

Can't wait! We'll be there! Looking forward to our first meeting. And Fishy business is only a few minutes down the road. It's a great shop too.

Mark and Mary

MandM

Can't wait! We'll be there! Looking forward to our first meeting. And Fishy business is only a few minutes down the road. It's a great shop too.

Mark and Mary

MandM

Being a new comer myself, I say, "La bon temp roulee". I LIKE THE SIGNATURE " M & M " that is cute. As the Cajuns would say, "Let us pass a good time".

Pat

I meant Shane yesterday at Fishey Business. Not only is he impressive but his reef keeping husbandry is well versed. He had some interesting comments about aquacultured fish as opposed to wild caught. Even though I don't put a generalized truism to all wild caught verses aquacultured there was merit to his points.

Pat

Thank you,

Dave-

Pat

I just wanted to chime in that it is normal for people to trade corals/fish at meetings ... when they are held at peoples private homes.

I'll be in Colorado filming for a DVD. Dang.

For everyone's info:

I dropped into Fishy Biz today to catch up with Shane and he specifically requested that we DO NOT SELL frags at his place of business. Frag SWAPPING (no cash involved) is ok, but not selling.

Why?

1. Any business done on his premise requires him (by law) to collect sales tax. When was the last time you tacked on sales tax for a private frag sale?!

Please respect our sponsor's wishes. I'm happy to host the Oct meeting and make it a formal frag swap/sale so keep those frags growing out.

(You could always bring a frag or two to our sponsor and host to express your appreciation for his support).

I'll be in Colorado filming for a DVD. Dang.

For everyone's info:

I dropped into Fishy Biz today to catch up with Shane and he specifically requested that we DO NOT SELL frags at his place of business. Frag SWAPPING (no cash involved) is ok, but not selling.

Why?

1. Any business done on his premise requires him (by law) to collect sales tax. When was the last time you tacked on sales tax for a private frag sale?!

Please respect our sponsor's wishes. I'm happy to host the Oct meeting and make it a formal frag swap/sale so keep those frags growing out.

(You could always bring a frag or two to our sponsor and host to express your appreciation for his support).

Yes, I planned on giving him some marine Sailfin Mollies from the Carribbian.

Pat