Refugium Sumps

firefly

Yea, I saw that from your previous post. They don't have the mud product that I am looking for though.

That being said if you make an order lets do a group order if you wouldn't mind. I'd love some o' that purple gorgonian at a fantastic price that they have.

Zara,

I can do that. However, I must admit, I have a somewhat bad taste from group orders. Least of it is an undermining of our local fish stores which I do not think is in the best interest of the hobby. It will not be until the middle of October before I order.

Pat

Z,

When you you planning to order the mud from Reefcleaners, and is it wet or dry? I might want to go in with you on the order, especially if its dry.

Stephen

It is wet and i think i waited too long. :( I'm now planning on getting some gunk from the bottom of RCA's live rock tank. :)

H:\Applications of Sand in Reef Aquariums Theory and Practice by Eric Borneman - Reefkeeping_com.htm

For those of you that think bare bottom is the way to go. Read the link above. As always Erick Boreman gets carried away with the technical, but he should science he is a sientist with a PHD. While he does not acknowledge it in this article, Erick is a big propanant of skimmerless with heavy feeding.

H:\Beyond the Refugium Article.htm

This is a good practical discourse on vegatable filters.

If you want another opinion from an expert, Doctor Ron Schmick uses DSB to feed reef tanks and cycle nutriants and foods.

Have a blessed day, because it is a choice.

Pat