Anemone!

Christian

Ok i just got a new carpet anemone for my 55g tank and I need to know how to aclamatet it and right know it's in the tank in the bag but i want to put it in the tank with out killing it and i have had a long tintical befor in my 29 bio-cube but i realy dont want this one to dye in the tank. So any info is welcome, and its bin in the tank for 7minents now. :angry:

What you want to do is to acclimate your specimen to your temp. & salinity. Keep your specimen floating in your tank. Add at least a 1/4 c of your tank water to the bagged anemone...wait at least 15-20 mins. After that, pull out another 1/4 c. from the bag and add 1/4c. of your tank water...do this for about an hour or so..this will also keep the water oxygenated. A good way to notice about your tank salinity and the bagged anemone....when you change water you'll notice a water distortion, that usually means your salinity is different than the LFS salinity. Do this slow and gradually...you should be able to place your anemone in your tank after an hour or so of acclimation. Just IMO.

I like to drip acclimate them. Use some airline tubing and siphon it into the container with the nem, then tie a not so that the stream slows to a drip. I usually try and time it so that the water doubles in an hour or so.

ok well the water in the bag does not look different win I add water to the tank so Is it ok to add to the tank yet? or wate till 7pm to add to the tank? so add water to the bag 3 more times befor adding it to the tank?

Christian,

Some friendly advice. It might be helpful for all if ran a spell checker before you make your posts :) And using somewhat proper grammar would help too. It took me a few tries to figure out "wate" = "wait" and "win" = "when".

I realize this is the internet and people use shortcuts all the time, but for the sake of people trying to help you it would go a long way.

Again, don't take this as anything negative. Just wanted to offer some advice.

Don't we have a built in spell checker?

Why yes we do. When you compose your message, anything misspelled will be underlined in red. Right click and pick the correct, if available, word. Voila! Instant spelling!

Can't help much on grammar. Got to pay attention in class for that one.

Do you have your powerheads covered? I don't know about carpets, but BTA's like to wander and PH's will make a mess of em.

Use some pantyhose, mesh, something just for now until it is really settled in. Don't they like to sit down on the sand/rock interface?