Anemone!

Christian

I have a 2bulb 5T light and i take the glass off of the top of the tank during the day but put it one at night.

and the clowns are only juveniles so and there tank raised

Edited by christian

i don't have any chemicals that I put in the tank. I have a PH thing to rase the Ph and a chemical to get ride of red slime algae.

I think he was quoting the abbreviation for the term PowerHeads from a previous reply...he thinks you meant the PH of the water...

really the distentions of the tank is 48x24x12.

Distentions? I think you may need a laxative. ;)

The depth is only 12"? Cool dimensions if so. We need a FTS of that. (A normal 55g is 48" long, 12" wide, and 20" tall/height/deep.)

Regardless, if it's 12 deep/tall/etc, you might be ok. If it's 24" tall, you need more light as AndrewT mentioned.

Anemones as a whole like a lot of light, e.g., MH, T5 with individual reflectors(meaning each lamp has it's own reflector), LED unit.

Distentions? I think you may need a laxative. ;)

The depth is only 12"? Cool dimensions if so. We need a FTS of that. (A normal 55g is 48" long, 12" wide, and 20" tall/height/deep.)

Regardless, if it's 12 deep/tall/etc, you might be ok. If it's 24" tall, you need more light as AndrewT mentioned.

Anemones as a whole like a lot of light, e.g., MH, T5 with individual reflectors(meaning each lamp has it's own reflector), LED unit.

no the depth is 20'' and its 12'' wide 48'' long so yall think I need more light?

will it last till November? with one light? till I can get another T5 light?

Edited by christian

no the depth is 20'' and its 12'' wide 48'' long so yall think I need more light?

will it last till November? with one light? till I can get another T5 light?

My bet is it won't last till Nov if it is starved for light.

You will definitely need more light. If you are on a budget, look into a used T5 setup such as the Nova Extreme Pro, Tek, or Aquactinics TX5.

It might last that long, but I wouldn't wait until then if at all possible. Check the for sale forums here, MAAST, and RC. There is a 250w MH setup in our for sale forum for $200 that would work great, if a bit overkill.

well it's staying put it's sticky and the mouth is now closed.

so if I was to buy another T5 light would it be enough?

and if it starts to die I can move it to my 29g bio-cube, is that good enough light for it?

well it's staying put it's sticky and the mouth is now closed.

so if I was to buy another T5 light would it be enough?

and if it starts to die I can move it to my 29g bio-cube, is that good enough light for it?

depends on what kind of light you have over your biocube.

It will be tough to keep in the biocube because its a small tank and you get lots of fluctuations of water quality and temp etc... I would get a good T-5 set up, at least a 216 watt for your 55. Or go with MHs, I have a couple 175 retro ballasts and sockets I can sell you. But then you may have some serious heat issues. I would get some cash together and find a nice T-5 set up. That anemone will not last long without good light. If you want to try the biocube I would get a sunpod 150w or something close. I am not sure how a nem will do under PCs.

thet new will most likely be dead in a month without a light. Trade it for some mushrooms and leathers or something. Or new lights. Most of their food comes from your lamps, it will die quick without the right equipment.