Anemone!

Christian

I wasn't, but I did some research for you since you expressed an interest in it:

Parts of the Sentence - Subject/Verb

A simple sentence is a group of words expressing a complete thought, and it must have a subject and a verb (predicate - some grammar books use the word predicate, but I will use verb). A verb shows action or state of being. Examples: The bell rang. The boy is here. The subject tells who or what about the verb. Examples: The bell rang. The boy is here.

There are four (4) kinds of sentences: declarative, imperative, interrogative, and exclamatory.

1. A declarative sentence makes a statement. Example: The assignment is due tomorrow.

2. An imperative sentence gives a command or makes a request. Examples: Hand it in now. Stop.

3. An interrogative sentence asks a question. Example: Do you know the man?

4. An exclamatory sentence shows strong feeling. Declarative, imperative, or interrogative sentences can be made into exclamatory sentences by punctuating them with an exclamation point. Examples: The assignment is due tomorrow! Stop! Do you know the man!

When finding the subject and the verb in a sentence, always find the verb first and then say who or what followed by the verb. Example: The bell rang. Find the verb - rang. Now say who or what rang? The bell rang. Bell is the subject.

Instructions: Find the subject and verb in the following sentences.

1. Karen went to the mall.

2. Carl didn't help his dad.

3. Mom cooks breakfast every morning.

4. I want a new bike for Christmas.

5. Ann has had a new baby girl.

I'd wait until it settle in before trying to feed it. Wait till it stays put for a day or two, then hit it with the buffet.

I agree w/Robb. You can wait several days before feeding your anemone....after it settles in, you might want to feed it once a week/or once every 2 wks.

By the way, that is a nice specimen...it looks healthy. Do you have clownfish to host in it? Good Luck.

ya I have 2 clowns and it's in the same place that I put it in last night ;), it all look's good except for one part it's folded up and like it woun't touch the sand. I'll take some picks of it after the battery charges because its dead from taking pic's at seaworld. Lots of fun. got some food pic's that I will post.

any thoughts about why it's folded just on one side that is cloesest to the sand?

Christian,

Anemones are a terrible creature to deal with in the early stages of adapting it to it's new environment. From EVERYTHING I've read and heard about anemones, the best thing to do is LEAVE IT ALONE for the first seven days to ten days. Although they do not have brains, these animals have "fear" when you're messing with them after they've been put in an entirely new place. They've got to get 100% accustom being around you, what you do in the tank, and how you've set the tank up (parameters, lighting, etc).

A few signs of stress include: mouth wide open (much like you've described as a "gaping hole"), no "stick" when you touch it to something, and decrease in size for an extended period of time.

Leave it be for a while, don't feed it until a week or so has passed, and watch for any signs that it might be dying. If you think it's dead, take it out IMMEDIATELY. Anemones release high amounts of ammonia which would be detrimental to your tank.

Good luck! ;)

-Brooks

That is a nice sized anemone. I am surprised the clowns didn't run right for it.

What type of lighting do you have over the tank? As I recall, carpet anemones generally like more intense light.