Freakin' carpet

mcallahan

Ug, sorry to hear :rofl:

I believe it takes clownfish time to build up the slime immunity for a particular anemone. So it might be possible if the new fish was sick/stressed he accidently swam into the anemone before doing the "dance" to build up the immunity.

Mark,

I have a single pink skunk clownfish, that's been lonely for a long time. She's is big, about the size of your chromi, if you want her I'll be glad to give it to you. She's healthy and has a good appetite. LMK.

Another thing you might want to do.....feed the darn thing before adding the fish...it might help.

-Cindy-

Mark,

I have a single pink skunk clownfish, that's been lonely for a long time. She's is big, about the size of your chromi, if you want her I'll be glad to give it to you. She's healthy and has a good appetite. LMK.

Another thing you might want to do.....feed the darn thing before adding the fish...it might help.

-Cindy-

I think that's what happened. He didn't look to hot and he went into the nem the first time and the nem tried to eat him, but quickily gave up and released him. The clown then swam around on the top of the tank gulping for air, then fell back into the 'nem = death.

I'll see how the one that looks better does. I might take you up on the offer for your other one as I'd like to have 2 prs of clowns in my tank as my blacks paired up instantly.

WTF! Have you ever feed the thing?

I had one that was 18" across it never eat a single fish but of course why would it I was feeding it Sea Bass (don't ask).

Pssst - don't tell the wife :rofl:

Well, you could put it in a separate tank and each week someone would submit a "pest" and we could have a match-up to see which survives the fight. Google "Michael Vick dog fighting" for tips on rules. :rofl:

I invision it becoming like the old gladiator fights. After the nem beats all individual comers, we'll start sending in teams of lion fish and other critters. Maybe even give them little tridents to hold.

Well, you could put it in a separate tank and each week someone would submit a "pest" and we could have a match-up to see which survives the fight. Google "Michael Vick dog fighting" for tips on rules. ;)

that's wrong!

From the research I've done, he probably ate the one pink skunk b/c he was weak. He came out of the bag not looking so hot so I was worried about him from the get go.

He got into the carpet once and the 'nem took a light hold of him, then let him go after about a mins. The clown just froze when he got in him, which is another sign he wasn't on the up and up.

My one remaining was hiding in the LR when I left this afternoon. My research says that pink skunks will do this when they are acclimating so I'm not worried about him. He's strong and even tried to eat today. I think I'll see more of him tomorrow.

Hopefully he'll host and keep other fish away!

Hey, if you get tired of that thing eating everything, I will house it. I do not think my puffer or lion will get swallowed. and hopefully my damsel will meet it. I have tried every kind of trap in the world, but never can catch him.

Hey, if you get tired of that thing eating everything, I will house it. I do not think my puffer or lion will get swallowed. and hopefully my damsel will meet it. I have tried every kind of trap in the world, but never can catch him.

Thanks Kasey...if the pink skunks don't take to him then I am going to pull him out. He's attached to the bottom side of one of my large pieces of base rock so I'll have to tear down half my tank to get to him, but it will be worth it!

I invision it becoming like the old gladiator fights. After the nem beats all individual comers, we'll start sending in teams of lion fish and other critters. Maybe even give them little tridents to hold.

I'm sorry for derailing a bit, but this picture instantly came to mind when you wrote this ;)

Anchorman-BrickTrident.gif