my first run in wth reefroids

AndrewT

this stuff is the sh!t... i fed some earlier, and when i came home all my corals polyps were fully extended. as im looking into the tank many still look to be feeding .im hoping this will stimulate some growth as i hadnt really dosed anything for my corals until now. well see

Ok this is what I found out from Marine Depot: the prodict is on sale currently for $18.49 for 4 oz jar

MarineDepot.com has long been a strong supporter for Aquarium Clubs which are a great asset to hobbyists and to this industry. We would be more than happy to help support your Club. For orders over $250 and placed over the internet, there is a 5% discount. For orders over $1000 and placed over the internet, there is an 8.5% discount. All orders must be placed on http://www.marinedepot.com and shipped to a single club administrator. The purchasing administrator is submitted at the beginning of every renewal. The transaction shall be a single sale to this person. The order must ship complete and to a single address. All of MarineDepot.com's standard policies apply. These discounts are possible primarily because of the lower cost of doing business. From our experience, support, which is the majority of the expense of a customer service orientated mail order company like Marine Depot, is usual assumed by the Reef Club as this is an integral part to the learning process. We are still more than happy to provide any support needed. However, this is one of the criteria we use for annual renewal. We also have sponsor the club to assist with the cost of administering the program and other programs such as raffles: For an annual total purchase of over $24,000 there is a club donation of $1200. For an annual total purchase of over $12,000 there is a club donation of $500. For an annual total purchase of over $6,000 there is a club donation of $200. For an annual total purchase of over $3,000 there is a club donation of $50. In exchange, we ask for a MarineDepot.com banners on the homepage of the Club website and on the Club newsletters.

Ok this is what I found out from Marine Depot: the prodict is on sale currently for $18.49 for 4 oz jar

MarineDepot.com has long been a strong supporter for Aquarium Clubs which are a great asset to hobbyists and to this industry. We would be more than happy to help support your Club. For orders over $250 and placed over the internet, there is a 5% discount. For orders over $1000 and placed over the internet, there is an 8.5% discount. All orders must be placed on http://www.marinedepot.com and shipped to a single club administrator. The purchasing administrator is submitted at the beginning of every renewal. The transaction shall be a single sale to this person. The order must ship complete and to a single address. All of MarineDepot.com's standard policies apply. These discounts are possible primarily because of the lower cost of doing business. From our experience, support, which is the majority of the expense of a customer service orientated mail order company like Marine Depot, is usual assumed by the Reef Club as this is an integral part to the learning process. We are still more than happy to provide any support needed. However, this is one of the criteria we use for annual renewal. We also have sponsor the club to assist with the cost of administering the program and other programs such as raffles: For an annual total purchase of over $24,000 there is a club donation of $1200. For an annual total purchase of over $12,000 there is a club donation of $500. For an annual total purchase of over $6,000 there is a club donation of $200. For an annual total purchase of over $3,000 there is a club donation of $50. In exchange, we ask for a MarineDepot.com banners on the homepage of the Club website and on the Club newsletters.

Looks like we need to get busy buying stuff from there, or just support our LFS and have them order for us

lol man i should have waited to buy it... this stuff is great though. i had a few pieces that had closed up and i hadn seen their polyps in a while. today when i left for work they looked great my milis are finally showing again

lol man i should have waited to buy it... this stuff is great though. i had a few pieces that had closed up and i hadn seen their polyps in a while. today when i left for work they looked great my milis are finally showing again

are you target feeding it or just putting it in your tank?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When do you guys feed your corals?

Morning before lights come on.

During the photoperiod.

Evening before lights out.

After lights out.

I'm sure there is no hard and fast rule just curious. I've been target feeding mine around 6 pm during the photoperiod. I'm not getting much polyp extension but I am seeing a lot of new growth.

Thanks in advance,

Dav-

When do you guys feed your corals?

Morning before lights come on.

During the photoperiod.

Evening before lights out.

After lights out.

I feed mine in the evening while the lights are still on. This is mainly because that is when I am home :) I generally sprinkle some reef roids in the tank while the pumps are on to "wake up" the corals. Then I start thawing the frozen food. When that is thawed, I turn off the pumps and target feed.

Oh woe is me. I have veered from the righteous path of the Reef Roids. I ran out of them, and I was putting in an order with Drs F&S (for some other sutff I needed). But lo, they did not carry the red powdery goodness. So instead I got some Coral Frenzy to try (it says it has oyster larvae in it).

It is a much finer brown powder than the Roids .... I tried some last night and it clouded up the tank a lot more than the Reef Roids ever did. Will let you know if in the end I like it, but my first impressions are not that good. With the Roids, I could see my sun corals and gorgonians grabbing particles out of the water.