Leaking RO/DI 1/4" quick connect joints - Help

reefman

I have an "off brand" RO/DI unit I'm trying to get set up (but all connections and hoses are standard), and a couple of the Quick-connect joints for the 1/4" hoses are leaking when water pressure is applied to the unit.

Does anyone know any tricks to get these to stop leaking?

Second question, if not, does anyone know where I can get the screw-on type of hose connectors (I think either the brand or type is called "Jaco"?

Stephen

Might try cutting off about 1/2 of the tubing and reinserting it. Make sure you have clean square cuts. It may just be bad ends on the tubing. Also make sure the tubing is actually pushed all the way in.

I've found all of my quick connects and not so quick connects at Lowe's and the local hardware store.

most RO units are designed to be run at a specific pressure or higher. You cannot get the rejection from the RO membrane unless the pressure is correct. Look to the manufacturer of the membrane to see what the operating pressure should be. I know some 100GPD membranes require 35-40 psi. Also, if your unit does not have a pressure gauge in-line, you may want to add one of those too.

Thanks Kingfish. It was actually the quick-connect fittings that were leaking, but re-seating them fixed that problem. I started running batches again this evening with the valve on the flow restrictor in the close position, and it seemed to be working much better, if not yet perfect.

It looks like I got about 8 inches of waste water in the drum, it did stop on its on, and I got a little over 2 Gals out of the storage tank. I ran another batch a little while ago, but don't know how much RO/DI water I made yet on this batch.

Stephen