CaRx Gurus!

jolt

1 hour ago, Dogfish said:

Anyone know where i might get my 10gal bottle refilled with C02 ? South of the river, Near Kyle or San Marcos would be best.

Thanks in advance

There's a Matheson in San Marcos. We get a lot of specialty gases from them. I'm sure they have CO2 available. I've gotten my CO2 cylinder refilled at Alamo Welding near downtown too.

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me wrap my head around a few things. 

My goal at this point is to follow that videos process to a T. That being said:

Currently my effluent is a slow, constant stream, as little as it can be before seeing actual droplets.

I've programmed my Apex to turn on the Aquarium Plants carbon doser as follows:

1. Fallback off

2. Set off

3. If PhCaRx > 7.50 then on

4. If PhCaRx < 7.40 then off

Questions:

1. Before I turned it on, is there anything wrong with my programming?

2. Using this process, what level should I start off the black pressure knob at? This decides the "size of the bubble" and adjusts between 0 to 15 lbs.

3. Video says the seconds per bubble knob should be adjusted so that my PhCarx graph is like a sine wave eventually. So ill just start it at 5/10 unless someone tells me otherwise.

4. Am I missing any reason why this method would be faulty? Some critics said that at higher pH levels that the media may not liquify into alkalinity and calcium in the correct ratio, as it would at the manufacturer's recommended "melting point.?"

20180502_122237.jpg

Just quick thoughts, are you finding you need to dose 2-part currently to keep your alk/Ca levels up?

If so, I'd honestly set it around 5-7 PSI and a pH of 6.9 and see if it matches your tank consumption the next couple of days. If high or low, adjust accordingly but leave the effluent rate alone and only adjust the bubble rate.

5 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Just quick thoughts, are you finding you need to dose 2-part currently to keep your alk/Ca levels up?

If so, I'd honestly set it around 5-7 PSI and a pH of 6.9 and see if it matches your tank consumption the next couple of days. If high or low, adjust accordingly but leave the effluent rate alone and only adjust the bubble rate.

Ty,

Yes, Ive been adding 2 part (baking soda then Kent Turbo Marine) to supplement. My tank Alk drops around 0.25dkh per 24 hrs.

So I should set the pressure knob until the top regulator gauge shows 5-7 psi, keep a steady effluent stream, and program my Apex to turn on when Ph>6.9. Should i start the bubble rate at 5 seconds per bubble to start?

Doing it your way, should I be concerned that starting off at ph = 6.9 with a steady stream, will make my alk skyrocket? Currently my alk is at 7.57dkh, my target is 7.5.

Ty, Yes, Ive been adding 2 part (baking soda then Kent Turbo Marine) to supplement. My tank Alk drops around 0.25dkh per 24 hrs.

So I should set the pressure knob until the top regulator gauge shows 5-7 psi, keep a steady effluent stream, and program my Apex to turn on when Ph>6.9. Should i start the bubble rate at 5 seconds per bubble to start?

Doing it your way, should I be concerned that starting off at ph = 6.9 with a steady stream, will make my alk skyrocket? Currently my alk is at 7.57dkh, my target is 7.5.

You can start higher to be safe, especially if you only need to dose 0.25 dKh/day right now.

Maybe set it for what you originally planning for. My preference is to turn on solenoid so gas is on and then set the carbon doser bubble rate to equalize at your desired pH, then set the limits on the Apex at that point to keep it within those boundaries.

Example:

pH

pH > 7.0 off

Archived