My new project

fishypets

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Clint... your tank is, to say the least, amazing. I'm guessing you get such great color from the ZeoVit method. I've been trying to find some good information on that, and your tank is really all I need to say that I'd want to start it sometime in the near future. However, as always, budget is the issue! How much has it cost you to go full blown ZeoVit? If you don't mind me asking.

I would start out with the basic four for a few months and go from there. You'd be looking at a small zeovit reactor(~100.00), zeofood, zeobac, zeovit rocks, and carbon......If I had to guess on a tank your size roughly 250-300 total with the reactor and would get you going for at least six months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

It's been five months since I last updated this thread and during that time my tank has seen it's fair share of woes. I've had everything from stray electricity kill off all my snails and a few fish which caused a massive cyano outbreak followed by green hair algae, to most recently when my chiller ran for 10 hours straight taking my tank temp down to 69. Although I'm not excited about the state my tank is in I do feel that it's on the upswing and things will start to improve. To document it's progress I snapped a few shots today.

IMG_8372-1.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

IMG_8371.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8374.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Brooks that is Mother Nature brother.

Check out this bad boy. Only one of about 5 frags in the country!

IMG_8433.jpg

IMG_8435.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

And this is the Baby Brians Watermelon getting down on some P.E. Mysis last night.

IMG_8429.jpg

And here she is this afternoon all fat and happy.

IMG_8439.jpg