My new project

fishypets

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to post a pic. of your tank w/lights on......just to see the full effect of the re-arranged aquascaping.

I agree I need to take a new picture but my glass needs cleaning and my magnet is not in yet. Mojo came over last week and we tweaked here and there. I'm really digging the new scape and I promise I'll post a picture after I clean my glass.

if that is as high as the water is going i think it looks fantastic!! Really nice setup

Yes that is the water level although I'll have a wave action once I get a wave box. Thanks for the compliment! The guys that designed this system knew what they were doing. :thumbsdown:

Andrew I'll let you know when it comes in and if you don't mind driving 1/2 way to S.A. from where you live you can come check it out.

As far as the software and web cam I don't want to be able to log on and look at my tank or look at the parameters. I would never get anything done at work :thumbsdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a monthly update. I've added seven fish, one Lubbock wrasse and seven Anthias. I also added a few sps frags last week and I'm pleased that they've started to lay down a base over the super glue and are coloring up nicely. Sorry for the shaky photos, I can't find my tri-pod and I get the shakes if I don't drink first thing in the morning. :)

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7457.jpg

IMG_7461.jpg

IMG_7453.jpg

IMG_7452.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya Clint, that looks great! I'm curious, can you post some info about the bulbs you're using (brand etc) and placement from front to back? I'm about to convert from (4) 110w VHO's to (6) T5s and not sure about the bulb combo I'll use.

Rey

• 2 weeks later...

Reybeast,

Sorry man I missed this post somehow. I wouldn't copy my current bulb combo as I'm not happy with it. I'm plan on going with the following combo, all ATI 54W bulbs.

Front to back:

Blue spezial

Actynic

Actynic

Procolor

Blueplus

Blue spezial

Blue plus

Actynic

Actynic

Blue plus

This is what syzom is using over his tank and it's one of the most amazing I've ever seen. I'll try and dig up that link for ya. As far as the combo on your tank I'd alternate these three bulbs and see what happens. The joy about T5 bulbs is they're cheap in comparison (metal halides) and you can pretty much control the color of your corals. They have awesome PAR values too so growth isn't inhibited.

Well I changed out all 10 bulbs today and I think I like it. I copied Syzomn's current bulb configuration. The back of the tank has a 20K feel and the front has a 12K feel. I also ordered a few extra bulbs just in case the look doesn't grow on me. I just hope my little frags don't bleach from the change in par.

Front to back:

blue special

actynic

actynic

fiji purple

blue plus

blue special

blue plus

actynic

actynic

blue plus.

IMG_7581.jpg