i;m actually pouring peroxide into my biocube to control dino.  when i think its done, and i stop, it comes back.  which is fine, i really needed a proper "longer term" Qt tank, and i can tear this down and clean it out!

anyways.. this is one thread which has SPS in the tank while they dose the tank.   its not as strong as 50/50 for a dip obviously.... but when I was reading up about green bubble on how to nuke it from neighbors tank, they mentioned 50/50 h20/h2o2 for dip was fine... wow, holy runon.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f219/dosing-h2o2-for-dino-182542.html

I typically dip the plug up to the base of the coral on any suspect frags in 50/50 for 3 - 5 minutes. I try not to dip the entire coral though. I've had good luck with it, but it definitely stresses the heck out of any coral you fully dip.

My technique is to cut the frag off the old plug and put it on an algae free new plug. In my mind, peroxide and SPS don't play well together at all.

But I can see submerging it up to the SPS flesh would work too, just be ready to potentially lose some of the encrusted base.

I dip my corals, plug and all, and then cut the corals off of the plug before put them on my own disk or live rock rubble. I take the old plug, soak it in FW and vinegar and then let it air dry. I eventually reuse the plugs but they're long dead when I do. 

I researched peroxide and SPS in the past and found that the peroxide will kill the zoanxethellae just as easily as it kills the other algae. Peroxide dips with a 1:1 or 1:2 ratio can be used in soft corals and it's good for removing nuisance algae, thick cyanobacteria and dinos.

Archived