What kind of designer clownfish to get?

devildog1986

What's up guys,

So I've been debating on what kind of clowns to get. I almost purchased a pair of lightning maroons. But more and more people are getting them. I've had premium Picasso clownfish before, and I'm Leaning towards them again.

This time me and my wife are doing the build, so I want to make sure she likes them too. Is there any clownfish you guys would recommend, that I probably don't know about? Pics would be great so I can show the wife and she can just pick some. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the diagram? I wanna see if I can download it to enlarge it. I like the long fin clowns, but the wife says they look gothic and EMO. Lol

Google images, that's the largest one I've seen.

Where did you get the diagram? I wanna see if I can download it to enlarge it. I like the long fin clowns, but the wife says they look gothic and EMO. Lol

Google images, that's the largest one I've seen.

Thanks

I have a pair of black ice extreme clowns.... they're pretty cool. Not sure what else I'd rather have, I was looking at gold nugget maroon clowns for a while though.

Yeah designer clowns have gone crazy, when I turned off my tanks the big thing was picasso's. I had some premium picasso's that I gave away before shutting down the tanks. The black ice are extreme. To be honest I'm looking for that "wow" factor. I had that "wow" factor with the Lightning maroons, but the wife didn't really like them. We have to meet half way lol.

About a month I saw some awesome frostbite subzero clowns in San Antonio. They had so much blue on them, it was amazing. Only 200 for the pair, I should have got them, thanks for reminding me of my regret, lol.

They looked kind of like this blue.

post-3873-0-52332600-1473279312_thumb.pn

5d02639f7d06125475f72c469ff768ca.jpgd74c2477f54779b0f42ece7b84719f68.jpg

My designer clowns- a pair of chocolate midnight (female is a chocolate domino) and a pricy pair - extreme blacker ice with blue spots.

Really tough to get a good shot of them. They weren't in the mood to hold still. [emoji16]

5d02639f7d06125475f72c469ff768ca.jpgd74c2477f54779b0f42ece7b84719f68.jpg

My designer clowns- a pair of chocolate midnight (female is a chocolate domino) and a pricy pair - extreme blacker ice with blue spots.

Really tough to get a good shot of them. They weren't in the mood to hold still. [emoji16]

I'm digging your pair. They look nice. I was trying to convince her to get some snowflakes or platinums as well but she said "they look albino" lol her responses crack me up. Nice pair.

About a month I saw some awesome frostbite subzero clowns in San Antonio. They had so much blue on them, it was amazing. Only 200 for the pair, I should have got them, thanks for reminding me of my regret, lol.

They looked kind of like this blue.

attachicon.gifLargePremBirdshotBlackIce1img1-150x150.png

Sorry for the flashback. What aquarium store had designers?

Both of my pairs are in my 215 together and they school most of the time. It's pretty neat. I got them from Aaron at Just Reef. They are Sustainable Aquatics designers.

I especially love that they weren't fished out of the ocean.

Why not get three or four types? It's not very commonly done but a group of three or four can be kept together. If you are starting with juveniles you'll end up with a female and several males and/or subadults.

Just have to show this as I'm very excited after picking up my pair of Lightning maroons from Aaron at Just Reef. Thanks to Aquadome for helping me get the biocube set up so these guys have a dedicated tank. Thanks to Timfish for the anemone and other help.

Paired male and female, they looked lost for the first three days before finding their anemone. Then mama found it, and by this morning she's even allowing the male to join her. They had been showing nesting behavior at Just Reef, so I'm hoping they're laying soon!

1) How much money is ARC paying you to buy 2 lightning maroons?

2) Hold the phone sideways for video Mike!

3) I think they'd look better in a Colorado Sunburst anemone

4) Its fun harassing el jefe... congrats sir. Those are good looking fish!

1) How much money is ARC paying you to buy 2 lightning maroons?

2) Hold the phone sideways for video Mike!

3) I think they'd look better in a Colorado Sunburst anemone

4) Its fun harassing el jefe... congrats sir. Those are good looking fish!

1) Amazing what you can pick up at an ARC/C4 silent auction...

2) Yeah yeah, I was running out the door to work this morning and just snapped it quickly. As soon as I view it here at work I was like, Doh!

3) What clown DOESN'T look better in a Colorado Sunburst?

4) :D

Archived