Bow chicka wow wow!

Robb in Austin

Your Welcome! Two weeks! That's by far the fastest pairing and breeding I have ever seen in all my years! laugh.png I've put pairs together a couple other times where both individuals had come from separate aquariums and were mature but it's always been months before anything happened.

@ FluxCapacitor, those are Clarkii clowns The females can get about 5" long. Robb's female is more than happy to draw blood from any stray hand that is stuck in her aquarium as penance for trespassing.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty, but clarkii's are the meanest clowns I've encountered. I had a laying pair early on and with eggs they made me scared to put my hand in the tank because I always withdrew it bleeding. I never figured a clownfish could actually hurt me. I couldn't catch them to remove them, so bore with it until one full moon when momma jumped the tank. A few weeks later the male jumped as well. They were pretty, but I can't say I missed them.

Pretty, but clarkii's are the meanest clowns I've encountered. I had a laying pair early on and with eggs they made me scared to put my hand in the tank because I always withdrew it bleeding. I never figured a clownfish could actually hurt me. I couldn't catch them to remove them, so bore with it until one full moon when momma jumped the tank. A few weeks later the male jumped as well. They were pretty, but I can't say I missed them.

Haha yes totally agree! And they get freaking huge! Here's a picture of one in Tahiti. Mind you that anemone is a full grown H. magnifica that was probably 1.5-2 feet wide. Those clowns are big enough to eat for dinner. They would charge me if I got too close. Oddly enough, the most aggressive fish around these anemones were the adult domino damsel. A school of them look beautiful in an anemone, but I would be terrified to have them in my tank.

c6336f4273fcfa3f5ef8e76a260c24ac.jpg