pulsating circular thingy?

Isaac

It's stuck to the glass right?

Hydroid or Jellyfish would be my guess. They're typically not a problem, especially in a sump, unless you end up with a ton of them. That doesn't look like a colonial hydroid so most likely a one off hitchhiker.

I've found outcrops of "Rapharia gorgoniae" in my overflows and sump... from what i've read.. you gotta starve em out and do more water changes. yaaaaay?

I've found outcrops of "Rapharia gorgoniae" in my overflows and sump... from what i've read.. you gotta starve em out and do more water changes. yaaaaay?

The little bit that I know about Hydrozoans is that they sting corals and have a huge nutrient uptake. Are you worried that they will migrate to the DT from the overflow and sump? I'm not sure if anything eats them, but most people do starve them out. It's possible that something in your DT is keeping them back. Doing a bunch of water changes will drop your Alk and Ca unless you buffer the fresh saltwater. You could also reduce feeding, increase skimming or add binders to temporarily strip the water of nutrients. I'm not sure how long you have to do it before they start to disappear. I'm guessing a month or more. Some of the corals might start fading.

Archived