What do you feed your anenome?

ceastman

I don't feed my bta unless I want them to grow. I have fed them raw shrimp from the meat market, just chop it up to a size they can handle. Feeding once or twice a week for a couple months is enough for them to grow significantly in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim,

I think the problem is that I have too many anemones for my pair of maroon clownfish that are hosting in them. But since I have started target feeding the anemones they have responded and are regaining their coloring:

post-3417-0-52520400-1456933505_thumb.jp

Tim,

I think the problem is that I have too many anemones for my pair of maroon clownfish that are hosting in them. But since I have started target feeding the anemones they have responded and are regaining their coloring:

If they're bleaching(ed) definitely target feed them. Just about anything frozen should work. I'd just go with something like rods and give the bigger chunks to the anemones. The rest of the tank gets fed with the smaller particles.

Krill is a good food for them. I don't like silversides because of all the bones they have. Anemones are basically water balloons, you wouldn't throw sharp bones in a water balloon would you? Plus, they have to poop all the stuff out that can't be digested, and anemone poop from silversides is nasty and I hate having that stuff in my tank. Krill is the perfect size for anemones, can be completely digested, and doesn't require cutting and peeling like cocktail shrimp.

I don't tend to feed BTAs, they do fine with whatever the clownfish brings them. The only anemone I feed anymore is my Heteractis magnifica because I want it to grow and eventually split.

Archived