New here!

stangturismo

Whats up guys, my name is John, I figured I would introduce myself as I hope to learn a lot from yall. I found out about this forum from an enthusiastic employee at Petsmart. I have kept fish all my life, but I have yet to keep saltwater fish. That's all about to change, hopefully, will some help from yall. I am putting together a 75 gallon, so any advice would be appreciated. I'm also in need of affordable live rock, dry rock, power heads and lighting. I look forward to this adventure.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club John. I'm assuming you met Makena, such a great person.

I'd start a build thread when you get an opportunity and list off the equipment you have and what your plans are for the tank.

You'll get a lot of great ideas and good advice from that point as everyone here is really helpful and friendly.

Welcome to insanity! punk.gif

There are lots of great build threads on here, my threads are full of advice and stories of what can possibly go wrong with a tank doh.gif and advice on how others can avoid my mistakes haha. Build threads are a great place to start researching how most people set up there tanks, sequences a setup and how long to let things mature before introducing new livestock, etc. Once you read a few you'll get a good idea on a successful salt water tank (DANGER: Ty's thread will take you a solid day to read through and you have to dig a lot to find those gold nuggets, but it's a great tank build).

Excited to have a new member join the club!

Thanks guys, yeah, I have been looking every where and reading up on things. I honestly think the information overload has made me a bit nervous (brs tv and other videos). I'm sure once I get my hands wet I will be fine. I meet mackena, and yes she is awesome. Also where would I post a build thread? I'm so new I don't even have water in the tank yet.

Thanks guys, yeah, I have been looking every where and reading up on things. I honestly think the information overload has made me a bit nervous (brs tv and other videos). I'm sure once I get my hands wet I will be fine. I meet mackena, and yes she is awesome. Also where would I post a build thread? I'm so new I don't even have water in the tank yet.

There's a forum under Reefkeeping for Build Threads. I'd just start posting what you have currently and what you want to do with the tank and there will be plenty of people who will help you connect the dots. [emoji4]

As a recent cult member .. I mean club member .. I say 'one of us, one of us' and welcome!

I bought most of my stuff used - except my protein skimmer, return pump, and T5 lights. I would write down your plan first so you make sure everything 'fits together'. After my build I realized that my overflow box could have handled a much bigger return pump, so I could have easily increased flow or dialed things back if I wanted to. Now I just have my return pump on max.

-John

• 4 weeks later...

Archived