Andrew's 20 gallon tank

ACampbell

I managed to get the C02 system installed last night. I bought the C02 tank from Austin Home Brew. Years back, when had a calcium reactor, I remember going to Airgas, but I understand they dont fill 5 lbs tanks anymore? Anyways, I need to do research on how much to use it. I'm using an atomizer inline on my eheim 250 canister filter.

Everything fits nicely in the stand. Just need to clean up the wires.

post-3-0-02702600-1452608947_thumb.png

If you talking about Austin airgas on Lamar and breaker, they still do 5lbs. 2 months ago I brought my 5,10 lbs bottles. They swapped out for me still. Even with the aluminum bottle, not painted one.

Before this when I only had a 5lb bottle, I had to leave my bottle there for 2 days because they just don't fill 1 tank at a time. They called me up when it was ready.

Added a few plants. I will add another piece of drift wood if I can find one I like.

Also realized I need to get some black film for the back.

attachicon.gifIMG_0775.png

Remind me at the meeting tomorrow, I used to run african cichlids and pleco tanks. I think I still have a piece of driftwood that was really nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of changes. I found some water on the floor the other day and found that my check-valve had already broken. When I went to replace it, I broke the fitting on the in-line diffuser. Junk lasted a week. So I went and got a new check valve and glass diffuser at the LFS. I have a brass check-valve on order as well as a glass c02 drop checker.

I also noticed that my wifi controller has not been following the schedule. The lights are coming on at time when they are not suppose too. I've contacted Fluval about the issue, but Im not sure I will get a resolution. A $5 timer might have worked out better.

I added some black tent to the back and found a cool piece of drift wood. I boiled it forever but it's still turned my water brown.

I listed a lot of the negative things, but overall I am super happy with the tank. I have spent a lot of time tinkering and learning about planted tanks. It's fun to have an aquarium again. smile.png

Updated pic (note: I am not using the spay bar, was just trying it out.)

post-3-0-88677500-1453749990_thumb.png

Green leaf aquarium atomic diffuser and bubble counter with check valve = worth it's weight in gold. Seems expensive until you realize how long they last and how long the cheap ones don't.

I managed to get the C02 system installed last night. I bought the C02 tank from Austin Home Brew. Years back, when had a calcium reactor, I remember going to Airgas, but I understand they dont fill 5 lbs tanks anymore? Anyways, I need to do research on how much to use it. I'm using an atomizer inline on my eheim 250 canister filter.

Everything fits nicely in the stand. Just need to clean up the wires.

attachicon.gifIMG_0762.png

I have 20# bottles for home brewing and the cheapest and easiest by far is Round Rock Welding Supply. Take in empty bottle and swap it with a new one...seems like I paid $17 last time?

I believe they will take a 5# or 10# and give you its value against a 20# as well. Walk in off the street empty handed and a 20# is about $99.

I prefer swapping bottles out because you never have to fuss with bottle inspections ever!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived